Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant lose the gut!!

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im looking to see if anyone can help me out with something, ive been training hard for just over 2 months now. I was lifting weights 5 or 6 days a wk to begin with but my trainer has put me on a split program where I lift Monday & Tuesday, go spinning Wednesday, lift Thurs & Fri and try to go spinning on Sat if i can but besides that i rest for the wknd to recover and grow.

Since starting i have noticed major results in muscle growth but for some reason and despite a reasonably healthy balanced diet i cant seem to shed weight around the mid-rif which hangs low on me!

Average daily diet would be something like:
    Breakfast: Omlette (4egg whites 1 yolk)/Weetabix(with scoop of protein)
    Snack: Protein shake
    Lunch: Tuna wrap/chicken wrap
    Snack: Handfull of nuts/Protein shake
    Dinner: Chicken/Steak & veg
    (2 shakes per day, one taken straight after training)

Is there something im missing or anything i can do to burn more fat around my gut? Without taking say clenbuterol as ive looked into it and it seems it can be dangerous but am open to suggestions for other fat burners!

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You are simply eating too much.

To lose weight, you need to eat less than your daily energy expenditure.
    The fact that you put on major muscle, kinds of proves this. you'd need surplus calores to pack on major muscle.

So, I'd say that you need to have smaller portions. No need for the nuts of the extra shake, you are prob getting enough cals without these.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Dont eat steak, too many calories
    Stick to Chicken or Turkey

At the end of your weights session do some cardio, 15 mins moderate pace, your body should dip into your fat stores if you are pushing yourself enough during your weights session.

Take some omega 3's, have some olive oil over salads.

You can try a fat burner, but research it before you buy it and check reviews etc

Mellor wrote: »
    You are simply eating too much.

To lose weight, you need to eat less than your daily energy expenditure.

So, I'd say that you need to have smaller portions. No need for the nuts of the extra shake, you are prob getting enough cals without these.

This.

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    Dont eat steak, too many calories
    Stick to Chicken or Turkey
    Steak isn't a whole lot higher if you buy lean cuts. All you need to do then is have a slightly smaller piece, and its the same.

Calories in 100g of breast fillet: 116kcal
    Calories116.0kcalCarbohydrate0.0gProtein21.8gFat3.2gFibre0.0g
    Calories in 100g of fillet steak: 191kcal

May not seem like a lot but for someone who is struggling to lose the weight it might make a difference.

Chicken is easier on the pocket too.
    Calories191.3kcalCarbohydrate0.0gProtein28.6gFat8.5gFibre0.0g

• Advertisement

I said lean beef. Fillet isn't that lean or low in cals. You are comparing with the leanest cuts of chicken, so its not equal. Check thighs.

I have a steak here, the label says 120 cals per 100g. There is no difference there. Portion size is more important regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Hi

Im looking to see if anyone can help me out with something, ive been training hard for just over 2 months now. I was lifting weights 5 or 6 days a wk to begin with but my trainer has put me on a split program where I lift Monday & Tuesday, go spinning Wednesday, lift Thurs & Fri and try to go spinning on Sat if i can but besides that i rest for the wknd to recover and grow.

Since starting i have noticed major results in muscle growth but for some reason and despite a reasonably healthy balanced diet i cant seem to shed weight around the mid-rif which hangs low on me!

Average daily diet would be something like:
    Breakfast: Omlette (4egg whites 1 yolk)/Weetabix(with scoop of protein)
    Snack: Protein shake
    Lunch: Tuna wrap/chicken wrap
    Snack: Handfull of nuts/Protein shake
    Dinner: Chicken/Steak & veg
    (2 shakes per day, one taken straight after training)

Is there something im missing or anything i can do to burn more fat around my gut? Without taking say clenbuterol as ive looked into it and it seems it can be dangerous but am open to suggestions for other fat burners!

Thanks for any feedback!

green vegs??
    fruit?
    porridge for breakfast?? with fruit. add some shelled hemp to boost your omega oils.
    add in some salad (leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, egg, cheese) for lunch, with little dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭emptyshed

Had similar issues, I'm a skinny yoke, decided to bulk up, high intake of protein , lots of weight, little or no cardio. Huge strenght gains, but started to put on a belly...which looked hilarious on my skinny body.

Cut back on the food, less protein, but upped the cardio, 2-3 km fast run at start of gym, 1 km run to warm down, and 3 sets of quality slow sit ups through the session 40-45 sit ups in each set.

Back to origional waist size, and got a bit more definition on the rest of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hi
    Thanks for all the feedback!

To be honest im still kind of lost, im not overweight but carry a gut most likely from years of boozing. Iv lost weight all over from head to toe and have alot more defintion in my arms and legs since i started training but just cant seem to shift it from my stomach!

When i eat red meat i always make sure its lean cuts and cut off any excess fat on it. I do eat alot of leavy salads and plenty of green veg too! Is it just a case of too much protein, because my trainer has me on a high protein low carb diet cutting out all sugar! And i feel like its working hense the resulted weight loss i am seeing but the belly is getting annoying!

I was told taking a high dose of a fish oil supplement like Omega 3,6 +9 could help reduce body fat? Is there any truth in this??

And are there any proven fat burners out there anyone can recommend? Ones that dont come with the extreme side effects linked with clen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

what height are you .. waiste .. age ..

are you been honest with the diet or still drinking and how often ...

i noticed after a few months of gmy my belly went out .. it was like i was having a baby i thought it was down to the shakes.. turned out it was the muscles in the core area pushing out my stomach .. stoped doing sit ups and crunches for a monthand a bit and replaced with high and low speed jogs for 20 mins a day AFTER weight trainging and then returned to the core are and worked on it and stomach became flater and noticeale abs (no full on 6 pack) but not a beer belly either

amonly a novice but maybe can help from my experience

hydroxycut i have heard good things but as a caution take no half the recomended intake as it is strong stuff. i found my self nearly fainting on it after a week .. cut back on the dose and after 2 weeks gave it up after feeling my heart was seriously going out of control while cycleing after 2 - 3 miles .. may give it another shot in a few weeks. but not the way the bottle said to take

• Advertisement

dumbbell wrote: »
    what height are you .. waiste .. age ..

are you been honest with the diet or still drinking and how often ...

i noticed after a few months of gmy my belly went out .. it was like i was having a baby i thought it was down to the shakes.. turned out it was the muscles in the core area pushing out my stomach .. stoped doing sit ups and crunches for a monthand a bit and replaced with high and low speed jogs for 20 mins a day AFTER weight trainging and then returned to the core are and worked on it and stomach became flater and noticeale abs (no full on 6 pack) but not a beer belly either

amonly a novice but maybe can help from my experience

hydroxycut i have heard good things but as a caution take no half the recomended intake as it is strong stuff. i found my self nearly fainting on it after a week .. cut back on the dose and after 2 weeks gave it up after feeling my heart was seriously going out of control while cycleing after 2 - 3 miles .. may give it another shot in a few weeks. but not the way the bottle said to take

Im 24, 6ft 1" and have a 33/34" waist but like u say it hangs out in front almost like im pregnant!!! A few people have said to me now about doing more cardio after weights but im already doing 1 or 2 spin classes a wk!

As far as diet is concerned i am strict enough but to be fair since xmas ive been going out most wknds again! Im taking another month off now to see if i can shed some weight off the gut while off the drink so hopefully ill start to see some results!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Im 24, 6ft 1" and have a 33/34" waist but like u say it hangs out in front almost like im pregnant!!! A few people have said to me now about doing more cardio after weights but im already doing 1 or 2 spin classes a wk!

As far as diet is concerned i am strict enough but to be fair since xmas ive been going out most wknds again! Im taking another month off now to see if i can shed some weight off the gut while off the drink so hopefully ill start to see some results!

Clearly it isn't strict so. You are basically undoing all the good work you have done during the week at the weekend.

As mellor said it's calories in vs calories out. Your exercise regime will cause weight loss, but only when allied with a calorie deficit diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Well firstly man, don't feel bad about going out at weekends. You gotta enjoy yourself. However, that being said, you've got to expect it to be more difficult to lose your gut if you're drinking all those empty calories at the weekends. Fat from the stomach (visceral fat) is very often the last to be shed as this is important fat for protecting vital organs. Bear this in mind. Fat will be shed from the rest of your body faster than your gut. Then again, after 2 months you would expect to notice somewhat of a change. I would advise looking into fat supplements such as Udo's oil which I take myself. They replace the "bad fats" in your body with fish fats - Omegas like you said - which are the fats you want to have in your body(and need). I'd also look at alternative methods of cardio. I personally haven't had much experience of spinning but I think if you did a 30 - 40 minute jog 3 days a week you would notice a better improvement. Also, Thai boxing or any variant of this is a great way of burning extra fat. I think if you equal the intensity of your work outs with a more intense cardio regime, you will burn the fat off much faster than you have for the past 2 months. Good luck anyway!

Well firstly man, don't feel bad about going out at weekends. You gotta enjoy yourself. However, that being said, you've got to expect it to be more difficult to lose your gut if you're drinking all those empty calories at the weekends. Fat from the stomach (visceral fat) is very often the last to be shed as this is important fat for protecting vital organs. Bear this in mind. Fat will be shed from the rest of your body faster than your gut. Then again, after 2 months you would expect to notice somewhat of a change. I would advise looking into fat supplements such as Udo's oil which I take myself. They replace the "bad fats" in your body with fish fats - Omegas like you said - which are the fats you want to have in your body(and need). I'd also look at alternative methods of cardio. I personally haven't had much experience of spinning but I think if you did a 30 - 40 minute jog 3 days a week you would notice a better improvement. Also, Thai boxing or any variant of this is a great way of burning extra fat. I think if you equal the intensity of your work outs with a more intense cardio regime, you will burn the fat off much faster than you have for the past 2 months. Good luck anyway!

I will admit i have seen somewhat of a reduction in my waist line but nothing compared to how i feel i should with the amount of trining i do! Ill take a look into a supplement such as Udo's oil, is this something you can taske along with omega or alternatively?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

I would advise looking into fat supplements such as Udo's oil which I take myself. They replace the "bad fats" in your body with fish fats - Omegas like you said - which are the fats you want to have in your body(and need).
    Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Are you sure about that?

I was going to say the same.

You cannot replace bad fats in your body (aka hydrogenated fats and oils, most trans fats). Cut out the bad fats and up the good fats. We get far too much omega 6 (from industrial seed oils primarily been in everything packaged these days, also in other good foods like nuts etc) in relation to omega 3. Ideally, the ratio should aim towards 1:1; omega 6:3. This is hard to achieve without been prudent but just cutting out the hydrogenated fats and eating more omega 3 (oily fish, omega 3 enriched eggs, cod liver oil supp), you're on the right tack.

Udo's oil gives you the perfect combination of Omegas 3 6 and 9 so if you were to take that, you wouldn't need to take anything else in terms of omegas. The only problem is, it's pretty expensive and in terms of losing weight it's not going to do wonders. It's more of an all round health thing and might help you lose a few extra inches in the long run. If you're concerned about overall health, i'd advise it but I'm sure there are better fat loss supplements out there atm.. But tbh they can actually be harmful to your health more than anything... Maybe look into it yourself and see how you feel coz you can get a smaller bottle of the udo's oil for something like €15 rather than €25 for the larger bottle... Test it out and see how you feel.

P.S I take it on its own on a spoon and it tastes like death but you can mix it into food and it's not as bad.. Just more of a convenience thing for me..

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Udo's oil gives you the perfect combination of Omegas 3 6 and 9 so if you were to take that, you wouldn't need to take anything else in terms of omegas.
    Or you could just eat more oily fish.
    It's more of an all round health thing and might help you lose a few extra inches in the long run.
    Getting the right fatty acids is important for your health, but it won't make any difference to your waist line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Udo's oil gives you the perfect combination of Omegas 3 6 and 9 so if you were to take that, you wouldn't need to take anything else in terms of omegas. The only problem is, it's pretty expensive and in terms of losing weight it's not going to do wonders. It's more of an all round health thing and might help you lose a few extra inches in the long run. If you're concerned about overall health, i'd advise it but I'm sure there are better fat loss supplements out there atm.. But tbh they can actually be harmful to your health more than anything... Maybe look into it yourself and see how you feel coz you can get a smaller bottle of the udo's oil for something like €15 rather than €25 for the larger bottle... Test it out and see how you feel.

P.S I take it on its own on a spoon and it tastes like death but you can mix it into food and it's not as bad.. Just more of a convenience thing for me..

Good luck!

I am sorry but that is not totally true. Udo's Oil is marketed as having the perfect ratio of omega's, however this is a claim from the manufacturer, so should be taken with a pinch of salt. Personally I would not depend on a signle source for my fat intake. Just like a varied diet is advised to meet you nutritional requirements, I wold expect that different fat sources provide a different nutrient profile, so I would be inclined to try and get my fats from different sources (meats, oliy fish, nuts, seeds, dairy, olive oil, coconut oil etc).

Also Metamorphosis's point was that there is an over abundance of omega 6 in the average diet and you need to work to balance out your omega intake. So if your diet is currently out of whack regarding the ratio of omega3/6/9, then simply adding Udo's oil into your diet will not address this issue as although you have a increased your fat intake, if Udo's is the perfect ratio, then you have not addressed the imbalance you started off with.

Also if somebody has a gut which is hanging over their belt like thay are pregnant, then IMO (and I am no expert) but this is Subcutaneous fat and not Viscreal fat.

And again IMO it is pointless the OP simply adding Udo's oil into his diet, as unless he has an unknown/undiagnosed medical condition preventing him from losing weight, his diet is not as good as he thinks it is, and simply adding in any form of healthy fat is simply adding in more calories which will only exacerbate the issue.

IMO the OP needs to workout his daily calorie requirements. Then using whole foods which combine protein, healthy fats and carbs (mostly from fiberous sources), start eating a daily calorie deficit of around 500 cals. If the OP choses to drink alcohol at the weekends, then he will need to factor in the calories provided by the alcohol.

It really is not rocket science, eat slightly less than you need to lose weight. Exercise to look good naked.

Finally a point I think a lot of folks miss is that you need to re-evaluate your calorie requirements on an ongoing basis as you lose weight (fat), because as you get lighter, your maintenance figure drops and if you don't adjust, the the weight (fat) loss stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Udo's Oil is made from flax and other seeds. The actual essential fatty acids EPA and DHA are converted in the body from ALA (that Udo has) with an efficiency of 5% in men.

Cod Liver Oil is a much better alternative, it contains EPA and DHA and will also have Vitamins D and A.

• Advertisement

I am sorry but that is not totally true. Udo's Oil is marketed as having the perfect ratio of omega's, however this is a claim from the manufacturer, so should be taken with a pinch of salt. Personally I would not depend on a signle source for my fat intake. Just like a varied diet is advised to meet you nutritional requirements, I wold expect that different fat sources provide a different nutrient profile, so I would be inclined to try and get my fats from different sources (meats, oliy fish, nuts, seeds, dairy, olive oil, coconut oil etc).

Also Metamorphosis's point was that there is an over abundance of omega 6 in the average diet and you need to work to balance out your omega intake. So if your diet is currently out of whack regarding the ratio of omega3/6/9, then simply adding Udo's oil into your diet will not address this issue as although you have a increased your fat intake, if Udo's is the perfect ratio, then you have not addressed the imbalance you started off with.

Also if somebody has a gut which is hanging over their belt like thay are pregnant, then IMO (and I am no expert) but this is Subcutaneous fat and not Viscreal fat.

And again IMO it is pointless the OP simply adding Udo's oil into his diet, as unless he has an unknown/undiagnosed medical condition preventing him from losing weight, his diet is not as good as he thinks it is, and simply adding in any form of healthy fat is simply adding in more calories which will only exacerbate the issue.

IMO the OP needs to workout his daily calorie requirements. Then using whole foods which combine protein, healthy fats and carbs (mostly from fiberous sources), start eating a daily calorie deficit of around 500 cals. If the OP choses to drink alcohol at the weekends, then he will need to factor in the calories provided by the alcohol.

It really is not rocket science, eat slightly less than you need to lose weight. Exercise to look good naked.

Finally a point I think a lot of folks miss is that you need to re-evaluate your calorie requirements on an ongoing basis as you lose weight (fat), because as you get lighter, your maintenance figure drops and if you don't adjust, the the weight (fat) loss stalls.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that by "taking omegas", I was referring to omega supplements which I thought the OP was asking me about. Clearly that was misunderstood, but obviously I'm not saying solely rely on Udo's oil and completely neglect oily fish. At the same time, not everyone can afford to, or wants to, eat oily fish everyday so I'm suggesting that this is a good replacement.

On the point of Omega 6, I wasn't aware of the excess Omega 6 we get everyday tbh but I do know that Omega 3 is the most important one out of the lot, and that the ratio is 2:1:1 with Omega 3 being the 2.. So perhaps they have taken this into consideration when producing the oil, I really don't know.

I am almost completely sure that this is referred to as visceral fat, but if someone can correct me then please do.

I really do not think adding Udo's oil will exacerbate the OP's problem, as many hardcore weight trainers take the stuff and I'm sure they are sticking to diets even more calorie restrictive than his. It is recognised by most people as a good addition to your diet, but as I said in a previous post "it's pretty expensive and in terms of losing weight it's not going to do wonders". I tried to put more emphasis on a more intensive cardio regime but that message didn't seem to get through. If he wants to lose serious weight then, like I said, he will have to look at his cardio because it does not seem to be enough to burn the gut off at this moment in time.

Seeing as I've been mostly on the defensive for this thread, let me just say that your suggestion of eating a 500 calorie deficit doesn't seem feasible considering the OP's diet. He doesn't seem to be eating that much and taking 500 calories all of a sudden will not do him much good. It needs to firstly be a more gradual reduction of calories and secondly needs to be coupled with increased cardio so his diet isn't taking all of the damage.

A calorie deficit = calories out - calories in.

You can get to a 500Cal deficit by expending more (exercise), eating less, or a combination of the two.

Operative word being "eating". My point is that he shouldn't just drastically cut out 500 calories like the poster is implying because his body won't be able to handle it. Like you said, a combination of the two.

I am almost completely sure that this is referred to as visceral fat, but if someone can correct me then please do.

Having read a little more on this I believe you are indeed correct and I am wrong :o I mixed up my terms, so my apologies on that point.

I really do not think adding Udo's oil will exacerbate the OP's problem, as many hardcore weight trainers take the stuff and I'm sure they are sticking to diets even more calorie restrictive than his. It is recognised by most people as a good addition to your diet, but as I said in a previous post "it's pretty expensive and in terms of losing weight it's not going to do wonders".

My point here was that I think the unless the OP has an unknown/undiagnosed condition which is affecting them losing weight, then there is something not quite right. Possibly the OP is eating at too large a deficit for too long which has caused his metabolism to slow down. So simply adding Udo's oil into the diet without removing something else to compensate for the calories provided by the oil could lead to weight gain rather then reduction in the short term.

I tried to put more emphasis on a more intensive cardio regime but that message didn't seem to get through. If he wants to lose serious weight then, like I said, he will have to look at his cardio because it does not seem to be enough to burn the gut off at this moment in time.

It has been my personal experience that I can lose weight without any exercise at all, once I eat a calorie deficit. I workout/train for fitness and strenght as well as astethic reasons :)

Seeing as I've been mostly on the defensive for this thread, let me just say that your suggestion of eating a 500 calorie deficit doesn't seem feasible considering the OP's diet. He doesn't seem to be eating that much and taking 500 calories all of a sudden will not do him much good. It needs to firstly be a more gradual reduction of calories and secondly needs to be coupled with increased cardio so his diet isn't taking all of the damage.

If you read my post again you will see that I advised the OP to firstly workout their required maintenance calorie figure, and then deduct 500 from that figure. I did not advise to simply lop 500 calories off his current diet as I would agree it does not seem like they are eating enough at this moment in time.

I am 7 inches shorter and twice the age of the OP and I eat at least twice as much calories as the OP and maybe more for maintenance.

OP really needs to go back to the basics and work out how many calories they required for maintenance, and then work on from there IMO

500 cals is not a drastic cut for a 6'1'' man that would have maintenance at least 2600-2700 calories. And it would only lead to 1 pound of weight loss a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cut out the booze for three months.

Ten pints=3000 calories...3000 calories=1lb of fat.
    Three months off booze should result in a minimum 14 lbs weight loss regardless of whatever else you are doing.

This is something ive been trying to figure out, im not sure exactly how to go about calculating exactly how many calories i am eating a day? my diet, bar the alcohol, is fairly healthy i think and the only carbs im getting are from either wholegrain wraps, brown/wholegrain rice & pasta & veg. I try to get in at least a tin if not 2 of tuna a day in as well as some sort of meat for dinner. Im taking the next month off alcohol and as was suggested before going to keep it to 1 shake a day and maybe leave out the nuts but i find that in between meals im still starving if i start cutting even more out ill constantly be hungry which cant be good?

Regards to increased cardio I spoke to my trainer and im going to do a 20 min jog on the treadmill/cross trainer at the end of my workout as well as the spin classes im taking. I do train hard so how do i know how much im burning and how much i should be eating to maintain steady weight loss?

OP Please post your weight and give a breakdown of your weekly training if you can.

What days you train.
    What you do each day sets/reps/weights lifted

Also give an idea of your average alcohol consumption if you don't mind.

As an idea, I'm male, 5' 6", 48yrs old, 12.5st @ 13%BF, 31" waist and here is an average days food intake for me. This is maintenance for me as I work out 5-6 days a week. I am not saying this is perfect, but I feel it's not too shabby.

05:20 Breakfast
    20g Oats, 3 Almond nuts, 4 hazel nuts, 4 brazil nuts, 4 half walnuts, table spn of mixed seeds, 6 grapes, 6 raspberries, 6 blackberries, 3 strawberries, table spn blueberries with 200ml skimmed milk.
    200ml Cranberry Juice
    1 Mug green tea

Supplements: 1 multi vit, 4 fish oil caps, 1 tea spn of Coconut oil, 1 Mega Cissus, 2 Glucosamine & Chondritin (for Joints)

09:00 At desk in work
    2 scoops ON Protein, 5g Creatine 5g L-Glutamine, 300ml skimmed milk
    2 generous tea spns of Peanut Butter
    1/2 Banana
    1 mug green tea

13:00Lunch
    Today will be 2 5oz chicken breasts, 350g Ratatouille (homemade)
    1 kiwi fruit
    1 mug green tea.

16:00 At desk in work
    150g homemade Cottage Cheese and mixed berries mix.
    1/2 Banana

Workout between 18:00-19:00
    Tonight was cardio, 30 mins running (sprints) 20 mins kettlebells + Flexability (P90X stretch routine)

19:10 Post workout shake

2 scoops of ON Protein, 1.5 scoops of Glucose, 5g Creatine, 5g L-Glutamine, 400ml ice cold water.

20:15 ish Dinner
    Tonight I'm about to have a 7oz Salmon fillet and some green beans and brocolli with some beurre noisette (browned butter and lime juice) over the fish and veg
    1 Mug green tea,

Supplements: tea spoon of Coconut oil & 2 megs Cissus

I also got through about 3 lt of water throughout the day

OP Please post your weight and give a breakdown of your weekly training if you can.

What days you train.
    What you do each day sets/reps/weights lifted

Also give an idea of your average alcohol consumption if you don't mind.

Current weight is approx 13stone.

If i go out at the weekend and drink its usualy about 10 pints a night give or take, and often go out Fri & Sat night and sometimes every night of the weekend. But as iv already said im not touching a drop now for the next 4 weeks

Train 5/6 days a week:

Mon & Thurs: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    10 min cardio warm up
    • Chest press x8
    • Tricep extension x12 Block A x4
    • shoulder press x8
    Rest 2 mins
    • Incline Bench x8
    • Tricep pushups x10 Block B x4
    • Rear shoulder press x10
    rest 2 mins
    • Cable flies(lower) x 15
    • Bodyweight dips x 8 Block C x4
    • upright row x12
    Wednesday: 45min spin class

Tues & Fri: Legs, Back & Biceps
    10 mins cardio warm up

Front squats (with barbell) x8
    Assisted chin ups x8 Block A x4
    barbell curls x8

rest 2 mins

Forward Lunges x8
    DB curls x10 Block B x4
    Deadlift x10

rest 2 mins

Single leg step ups x10
    Barbell row x 12 Block C x4
    21's Easy Bar curls

Saturday: If i wake up early enough i go for a 45min spin class

• Advertisement

Current weight is approx 13stone.

If i go out at the weekend and drink its usualy about 10 pints a night give or take, and often go out Fri & Sat night and sometimes every night of the weekend. But as iv already said im not touching a drop now for the next 4 weeks

Train 5/6 days a week:

Mon & Thurs: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    10 min cardio warm up
    • Chest press x8
    • Tricep extension x12 Block A x4
    • shoulder press x8
    Rest 2 mins
    • Incline Bench x8
    • Tricep pushups x10 Block B x4
    • Rear shoulder press x10
    rest 2 mins
    • Cable flies(lower) x 15
    • Bodyweight dips x 8 Block C x4
    • upright row x12
    Wednesday: 45min spin class

Tues & Fri: Legs, Back & Biceps
    10 mins cardio warm up

Front squats (with barbell) x8
    Assisted chin ups x8 Block A x4
    barbell curls x8

rest 2 mins

Forward Lunges x8
    DB curls x10 Block B x4
    Deadlift x10

rest 2 mins

Single leg step ups x10
    Barbell row x 12 Block C x4
    21's Easy Bar curls

Saturday: If i wake up early enough i go for a 45min spin class

Lol, you've gotten to the root of the problem right there. It's called a beer gut for a reason. Your're basically going out at the weekend reversing all the calories you've burnt over the week. At least you recognise that and can make a change if that's what you want. If you don't at least moderate your alcohol consumption, you are going to have that gut for quite some time.

Advertisement