Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inistioge Puppy Rescue

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hats off to Brenda Stone and all associated with Inistioge Puppy Rescue. I got my dog from Brenda ten years ago and she is a wonderful member of the family loved by one and all. We dread to imagine life without our lovely collie. Thank you Brenda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hask1965

i also got a dog of brenda stone she is a lovely person and cares about what she is doing and the animals she saves she should get a night hood or award for the work she does also people should help her more money wise surrly she must get some sort of money from the local council if not she should keep up the good work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

A few years ago my boyfriend rescued a dog from being sent to the pound. He was a gorgeous young thing (my boyfriend and the dog ;)). We did our very best to find him a loving home (we couldn't keep him ourselves as we work abroad every few months).

We tried everywhere but no-one would take him in. We thought we were running out of options when Brenda stepped in and saved the day. When we brought Leon to her rescue he immediately fell in love with her, and she with him. We knew he was in safe hands.

We followed his progress and she was great at giving us updates. She had him rehomed through a contact in the UK where he was going to be trained to be a sniffer dog. We even got to meet up with him again a few months later. We couldn't believe what a well trained young dog the hyper overgrown puppy we had cared for had become! And they all lived happily ever after.. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I resuced my dog from Brenda about 10 years ago and i would rescue all the animals if i could, she does such a wonderful job and should receive contributions from the local council for her work.

we should look to the council to help her out or start a campain to get her help with the job she does brenda for president :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

We were adopted by Jasper (former resident of IPR) 18 months ago.We told Brenda our work and home/space conditions and she brought out one little fellow that we instantly fell in love with.Our life is sooooo much better because of the work that Brenda does.Thank you very much all at IPR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

My cousin got her first dog from IPR about 8 years ago and got another one last year. She sends money up whenever she can and has seen first hand the amount of love and attention Brenda has for the dogs.

I check out the website quite often myself and even though the pictures of the dogs with their sad, scared expressions make me sad I know that they are being very well looked after and will be rehomed appropriately as soon as possible.

your like me i look up every week and want them all but no brenda will find good homes for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

this lady does amazing work. how anybody could be so cruel to a dog or abandon a dog it is so sad! my dog has changed my life and i wouldnt be without.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

We got our dog Zeppe from the puppy rescue back in 2007 and at the time he was a scamp of a 12 week old puppy running around the place (an unwanted xmas present was always our guess, hes a beautiful collie/springer mix). He's absolutely by far the best dog we've ever owned and he is amazing with our two young children. What a great service she offers and anyone considering getting a dog I always, always send her way.

Tonight I found a pair of Jack Russell's on the motorway on the edge of Paulstown. They appeared to be father and daughter and were quite thin. When I put them into the van for the 15 mile drive home (after checking with locals and putting a notice in the local shop) the two of them wouldn't settle and made their way on to my lap where they sat looking out the window. They are a pair of dotes and it hurt me not to be able to keep them (small garden and we already have a cat and dog) They are extremely playful and very good natured. They now reside with Brenda at I.P.R. where I am sure they will be re-homed quickly. If anyone is looking for a couple of pals , pay Brenda a visit and you will not be sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

so what happened to the jack russells? Hopefully there was a happy ending.
    So who does fund this puppy rescue, is there a story about Brenda, I suppose I should go to a website.
    Despite all the doom and gloom somewhere there is a bright star shining, looks like Inistoige
    Happy New year and thanks

dear SE Conman, do not seem to be able to get a reply in respect to the two jack russells you saved, what happened to them, hopefully happy and well cared for.
    It is now we have to take care of animals, please do not throw them out, take them to a rescue centre, just think of the pleasure they give.
    I am sure donations would be welcome however small, always remember a pet is for life.
    How could someone have walked away from those two in Paulstown, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry for the late reply , the owner picked them up a few days later so they were home for Christmas.

Many thanks for the reply, hope you have a happy new year, regards foxy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

We adopted our collie/king charles mix from brenda in november 2009.....in may 2010 diasy moved to the states with us and she's loving all the space she has to run here......the sheep-dog has come out in her now.....we live on 5 acres with horses on one side and alpachas on the other.

thanks for sharing your story, sort of tail with a happy dog. Are you by redwood farm, bethel? It is the wonder of modern science, it is almost as we are there.
    Suppose you now support the Bengal's, similar to the cat's?
    Forgive my humour.
    Sounds like you are one big happy family, lucky dogs eh?
    Do take care and lovely to hear from you, we are in Callan.
    Keep your eye on the thread, bye for now, God Bless Foxy:cool::cool::cool:

Hi tail waggers
    There doesn't seem to be an update on how many of our little friends are in residence in Ballygub, I know it is Inistoige, well not far, I am sure the number of people viewing your site indicates there is an interest in puppies.
    We have a Jack Russell who is two, spoilt rotten, controls us, a home is much more homely with a dog or even a cat, to be honest you are never lonely with a pet, you can talk to them and they don't argue back, well not often.
    Can you keep us updated on the boards please, please, I mean we did get a response from Cincinnati, not bad, hope all is well in the State.
    Regards Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MrsHeber

Hello all,
    I know this is a long shot and I hope nobody will mind me asking this on this thread/forum but we have a rescue dog who came from Inistioge Puppy Rescue last summer.

I have been on the website but the email doesnt seem to work and I have also tried the FB page. I was hoping someone could help me to find out more about my dog as the local dog shelter he came from here in England say they don't know that much.
    Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

As you can see from the last post there doesn't seem to be any response from the rescue centre, i will give them a ring and see what the story is, i think it great you are tyrying to get information. A friend of mine in Berkshire h
    has a Kilkenny dog. Hopefully someone near Ballygub might give us some info. Happy easter, Riley is sitting on my lap as I type.

HI, ANYONE , any news on the puppy rescue service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

FCT the website is still being updated daily.

Hi everyone, can you help MrsHeber regarding her puppy, it is a bit like checking on adopted children, but nevertheless the Irish will not be beaten, we will find something out for the lady.
    Come on Ballygubbers, in case Mrs Heber is wondering what that is about, apparently the Puppy rescue is in the little villoage not far from inistoige, but no one has heard of Ballygub, unless of course you are on the way to New Ross, sorry it is all irish but don't give up we will come up with something in the near future.
    Enjoy the Easter break, perhaps you could tell us a bit about your puppy, Foxy

Hi Foxy and all,

Thankyou so much for any help.

He was formerly known as Benji, a terrier cross (Tibetan I think), looks a bit like Pudsey from the talent show. He's about 2 yrs old now, we think. All I know is that he came from Inistioge Rescue Centre, possibly has some background as being a stray. Needless to say he has a few 'challenging behaviours' and I was just hoping that if I found a bit more about his background it might help to understand him a bit more.

Happy Easter all :D

Hi, well tried the e.mail address and telephone number this morning all to no avail, no Brenda, so if anyone is near to Inistoige is there a chance you could call in on Brenda and ask about Mrs Heber's Benji, it is not a place I go to often, but will make a trip if needs be.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I left a message on the phone and if I get a response i will let you all know.
    Have a lovely day, Foxy

I adopted my dog from Brenda about 12 years ago and she hadnt a clue about his history, all she knew was that he had been abused and didnt like men. She might not know about Benji's history so I wouldnt have my hopes up.

Mrs Heber, Autosport has a brilliant sense of what is etc, and the advice given no doubt will be correct. We have tried to get in touch to no avail, but maybe someone near will pop in to Brenda and see if there is anything to add.
    If we hear any news we will let you know asap, Foxy and helpers

Thanks again for everything you have done Foxy.
    And Autosport - I did wonder if that might be the case. Thanks for the advice too :D
    I'm just so pleased he is safe and happy here with our family now (even if he is a filthy hound covered in mud today !) :)

MrsHeber wrote: »
    Thanks again for everything you have done Foxy.
    And Autosport - I did wonder if that might be the case. Thanks for the advice too :D
    I'm just so pleased he is safe and happy here with our family now (even if he is a filthy hound covered in mud today !) :)

I apologise if i came off rude in my post, i didnt mean it :(

Maybe Brenda has a different way of organising the rescue now. She might get more info on the dogs now. I hope you do get in contact with her :)

Autosport, seemed perfectly reasonable, understandable, trying tgo type with our jack russell using the keyboard as a chin rest and an occasional lick of the hands. I hope someone from ballygub lets us know the situation.
    Regards Foxy

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    I apologise if i came off rude in my post, i didnt mean it :(

Maybe Brenda has a different way of organising the rescue now. She might get more info on the dogs now. I hope you do get in contact with her :)

Hi Autosport, nooooo not at all - now I am worrying incase I implied you were rude ! Oh dear .... ! Sorry if I implied you were being rude, which I didnt think you were in the slightest ....
    I'm incredibly grateful for any help, advice, comments, time given reading my waffle etc.
    What sort of dog do you have ? And Foxy, how many dogs do you have ?

Advertisement