Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inistioge Puppy Rescue

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Can I ask why? I really hope that this isn't a purely cash making exercise……….I'm no idiot but I really hold dog rescues in high esteem…….was it to save the dogs to try find them a home or was is for the cash?

Does anyone have a link to the piece on the radio yesterday?

Another thing…was Inistioge just sending the dogs to the UK because they were full or were they selling the dogs for cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Don't have a link but I think she was on the Sue Nunn show.
    And she was very vague about her reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Can I ask why? I really hope that this isn't a purely cash making exercise……….I'm no idiot but I really hold dog rescues in high esteem…….was it to save the dogs to try find them a home or was is for the cash?

Does anyone have a link to the piece on the radio yesterday?

Another thing…was Inistioge just sending the dogs to the UK because they were full or were they selling the dogs for cash?
    Official statement from Inistioge Puppy Rescue in response to the programme.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/inistioge-puppyrescue/statement-in-reponse-to-the-bbc-programme-about-dorset-dog-rescue-130115/10152496585585957?pnref=story
    In summary: IPR deny selling or being paid for exporting dogs. Dorset covered all passport and transport costs, IPR paid for veterinary treatment and food. Some of the dogs were being exported by another dog pound for whom IPR provided overnight accommodation as a favour. The pure-bred puppies mentioned in the programme had nothing to do with IPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

was it to save the dogs to try find them a home or was is for the cash?

One person interviewed on the BBC segment called an irish rescue (not necessarily IPR) about adopting a chocolate lab that had been listed on their website the day before......she was told she couldn't adopt him because he was being sent to a different rescue in England.....

So, lack of available homes in Ireland doesn't seem to be a factor at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

DDR are under police investigation and also by trading standards..

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11727718.Police_investigate_Dorset_Dog_Rescue_after_dog_smuggling_claims/

The choc. Lab came from kk/cw pound..

Other People here who have been waiting on a homechecks for particular dogs in the past were told that the dog had been sent over to england..

• Advertisement

Do you mean from the KK Pound or IPR? To be fair the statement they released seemed pretty sound......I was out with Brenda a few weeks back and they really are living very poorly, and by that I mean it's all about the dogs, nothing lavish by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Do you mean from the KK Pound or IPR? To be fair the statement they released seemed pretty sound......I was out with Brenda a few weeks back and they really are living very poorly, and by that I mean it's all about the dogs, nothing lavish by any means.

The KK pound is the KK/CW pound..

Yeah I know that. The question I'm asking is were the dogs sent to England after turning down possible adoption here......was that done by the Council Pound or IPR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Can't understand why or how come this hasn't gained national media traction yet.

Locally Sue Nunn dealt with it and I'm not sure it'll be revisited on the show; Brenda Stone was on the show once if not twice in wake of it.

Kilkenny People've stayed silent on the matter in this weeks paper though and last weeks one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Yes it's all very strange, I didn't hear the interview on sue nunn but have read the facebook statement.. So is it lies or were they duped?
    I do know that last year a neighbours dog strayed and they couldn't find it, but about 10 days later they got a call from the "new owners" in England who had brought the dog to their vets who had scanned it for a microchip!! At the time I was very surprised that it hadn't been scanned before it left Ireland!! But it makes sense now!! I don't think they got their dog back..

• Advertisement
Advertisement