Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Network to join for an unlocked Phone

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

I received an unlocked iPhone 4 as a present and I'm just wondering which is the best network to join.

Have had a look around and it's all fairly confusing. Mainly text and would need a Gig of data maybe. Would prefer to go with pay as you go.

Some odd things on websites. O2 website doesn't mention anything about a data add on. 3 website seems to say that you can't access email without paying an additional charge. Vodafone broadband add-on only seems to apply when you link your phone to your computer to use the internet.

Can I join meteor considering I'll need to use a microsim ?

Also, would there be any chance of free credit by switching networks without buying a phone. Presently on vodafone.

Would I be better off going for a monthly plan instead ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Most networks have a ready to go data option, I know Vodafone used to have a plan which cost 99c a day for internet but you had to top up by 20 a month minimum. The best value I had was Vodafone simply 100 with data add on. 30 quid but had 1 gig, 100 calls and texts plus unlimited voda calls and texts. O2 have the same plan. No contract and you get a paper bill. Then it comes down to coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at 3. AFAIK you get a good deal for €40 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

I see Vodafone has an option for 5GB of data for €20 per month on Pay as you go. Good option ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

How about O2 Simplicity 100 texts, 100 minutes and 700mb of data for €29.99 a month and no contract. €36.99 if you want 7.5 GB (including tethering).

EDIT: I forgot the free O2 calls, texts and voicemail :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Meteors 1GB is mobile internet data only, you can tether with our data allowance and their free meteor to meteor and €5 discount is only for 12 months. Outside of that it is a good limited offer they have going on at the moment.

Advertisement