Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grading issues.. compensate??

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm a first year student majoring in English and Film studies and 2 other electives. For one of the english modules for our christmas exams we had to write an essay worth 70% of our final grade. However there were problems concerning my citation and referencing and my provisional results said I had received an E grade. However I then had a meeting with the module co-ordinator and she said my paper was to be regraded and my grade would be sent to me in the post after the provisional results were released. I received the letter yesterday and said my grade is now FM. I am confused as to what this means? Is it just an F? Does this mean I have to resit the module (as I am scheduled to do so) or can I still compensate as I could when I have an E grade? I have a GPA of 2.73. Im not sure what to do next because if I can compensate I know I have to drop the module before tomorrow. But Im not sure can I compensate?

Any help or advise would be tremendously appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

UCD2010 wrote: »
    I'm a first year student majoring in English and Film studies and 2 other electives. For one of the english modules for our christmas exams we had to write an essay worth 70% of our final grade. However there were problems concerning my citation and referencing and my provisional results said I had received an E grade. However I then had a meeting with the module co-ordinator and she said my paper was to be regraded and my grade would be sent to me in the post after the provisional results were released. I received the letter yesterday and said my grade is now FM. I am confused as to what this means? Is it just an F? Does this mean I have to resit the module (as I am scheduled to do so) or can I still compensate as I could when I have an E grade? I have a GPA of 2.73. Im not sure what to do next because if I can compensate I know I have to drop the module before tomorrow. But Im not sure can I compensate?

Any help or advise would be tremendously appreciated!!

Going to the programme office and explaining the situation would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You can see on page 2 of the "modular grades explained" PDF on the UCD website that it is between 23.33 and 26.66.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

Advertisement