Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moment so far?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 2:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

So i presume everyone posting here has a child. I was thinking earlier about the best moment ive had with my daughter so far and there is too many to choose just 1. First time she said "Dada", first time she crawled, walked, did the crazy thing she can do with her eyes :). Anyone have anything in particular from their own experiences?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A couple of weeks ago when he got a fright and he reached out for me instead of his Daddy as he usually does. Must be doing something right (at last)!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Das Kitty wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago when he got a fright and he reached out for me instead of his Daddy as he usually does. Must be doing something right (at last)!

We brought the our son to the dinosaur expo in the Ambassador there last year. The T-Rex scared the hell out of him, he came over to me from his daddy's arms and then pushed his dad towards the t-rex to protect us all! (It shows the confidence he has in his dad!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think you'd be better off asking 'What has been the best moment so far TODAY?' Because every day has little magical moments in them.

This morning Megan gave me a kiss when I was leaving for work. That sent me on my way with a smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

all the usual crawled, smiled.

my fav at the moment is when she gives me kisses. she very independent even at only 10 months so hates to be held or given hugs.

another recent one i love is when she takes a sip from a cup she smiles and goes ahhh. Have no idea where she got this one from but i laugh every time so prob not helping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

My lad (18 months) has been calling me dada for months. He finally started calling me mama 2 weeks ago, I nearly cried. The way he says it now is like a big hug, mmmmmmmmama!

I agree with crazy cat lady though, every day has a moment of magic. Yesterday he decided he was going to put his two favourite cuddly toys to bed, closed the curtains on his own, whispered to me, made snoring noises, all lovely and gentle, then out of the blue shrieked and jumped up and down on their heads. He clearly has my nurturing instincts.

Today, he spent more than half an hour in complete silence, wheeling a line of toy cars backwards and forwards on the table while I had a cup of coffee, totally absorbed. It was like he was in a trance, finally came out of it with a big goofy grin like he was slightly embarrassed. Ah, he's gas.

But yeah, the big ones have been his first word, his first time giving me a kiss of his own accord, calling me mama (def biggest one so far), anytime he favours me over his dad (I'm mean), same as bulmersgal when he goes 'aaah!' after taking a drink, first time he copied something off the telly (ha-ha, from Nelson on the Simpsons, says it every time it comes on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I sing to Megan a good bit. I've the voice of an angel in pain but she seems to like it. I would sing to her 'Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, if you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream' and then make a screaming noise. One day out of the blue she made the scream noise! Completely unexpected! That was a good moment :) Now she sings 'row row row row row row aaaaggghhhh!' I taught her that. Just me. Thats a good feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

too may to pick just one, but from today it had to be when we were walking home from the shop and it started lashing rain so i said 'ah well, we'll just have to splash in muddy puddles' (she loves peppa pig) and when we were running to a big puddle she just screamed so loud, 'this is the best day ever, splashing in muddy puddles!!'

this also reminds me of the time i was getting stuff from upstairs and she called up to me saying 'can we go and splash in muddy puddles?' as i came down the stairs i shouted down 'not now maybe later', next thing i look down and shes at the bottom of the stairs with her coat and welly boots on! my heart melted!

another is her doing something she shouldnt and then when she was asked if she did it she said no, when asked 'well then who did?' she replied dead serious 'maybe a ghost'! i had to leave the room to laugh! shes so hard to give out to- it nearly always ends up with the both of us in fits of laughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

CK2010 wrote: »
    another is her doing something she shouldnt and then when she was asked if she did it she said no, when asked 'well then who did?' she replied dead serious 'maybe a ghost'! i had to leave the room to laugh! shes so hard to give out to- it nearly always ends up with the both of us in fits of laughter!

Aww this reminds me of my childhood. When something bold happened it wasnt me or my brother it was Harry the ghost :)

Well shes 13 months old now & most of you know of all the health issues shes had. Today I was so so PROUD!!!

She got into a sitting position all by herself!!

ah thats great news lolli! Did you actually see her do it on did you just see her sitting up? I remember when Elisha started sitting and would never let me see how she'd go from lying to sitting. It was a whole 2 days before i caught her doing it

• Advertisement

What age is Elisha now? Ha she was keeping it a secret.

I was in the sitting room with her and she was rolling over and she rolled onto her belly and then started pushing herself up. It took a while but she got there!

She was 10 months last week. Yea she kept it secret i was so shocked to turn around for second and to see her sitting. Elisha does be lying down and then does a push up and swings her legs into the split and then pushes her top half up. Very weird.

Its great when they master new things and the proud look on their face waiting on a big clap from you

Advertisement