Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAF search and rescue documentary 1990

Options
  • 10-02-2011 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Heres a documentary about a topic which i have recently been asking questions about :)
    Series following the Sea King Search and Rescue Flight based at RAF Lossiemouth. For a whole year a television crew filmed the emergency events this RAF Rescue crew were called to including the North Sea and Scottish mountains during perilous conditions.

Scottish Television recently put the entire series up on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/show/rescue

I've only watched two sofar and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Nice find, very enjoyable, just watched the first one, they were very lucky

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Klunk001

Thanks for the link, haven't seen that show in a while. In the episode ditching, ditching, dithing it shows the RAF coming to the aid of an MCA 61 that has ditched while out on a tasking. Any idea when that was, or the 61 cab registration. I have tried a search but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Klunk001 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, haven't seen that show in a while. In the episode ditching, ditching, dithing it shows the RAF coming to the aid of an MCA 61 that has ditched while out on a tasking. Any idea when that was, or the 61 cab registration. I have tried a search but no joy.

Stornoway based G-BDII

here's the AAIB report

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/formal_reports/3_1989_g_bdii.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Klunk001

Thankyou Sir. thumbsup.

Advertisement