Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoofing a liteon as a benq

Options
  • 10-02-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

I'm spoofing a liteon here as a benq for a mate, is it safe to go online with orginal games after spoofing, and should I put stock or modded firmware on it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Spoofing = ban. Ever since the new kinect dashboard spoofing is detectable I'm not even sure if it will work under the new dash why not just swap out the old pcb into a new benq?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

justryan wrote: »
    Spoofing = ban. Ever since the new kinect dashboard spoofing is detectable I'm not even sure if it will work under the new dash why not just swap out the old pcb into a new benq?

Yep that's what I was thinking, I just had a liteon spare, going to have buy a benq so and swap pcbs, just 4 wires need to be soldered is it, he was getting an open tray error but eventually it would work, would a new laser work or should I put in a new drive
    Thanks

If your swapping the pcb into a new benq you don't need to solder anything just detach the ribbon cables and drop it in, a laser is probably the cheapest option. Did you try tweaking the pots on the broken benq it's a good fix for the open tray problem

Cheers for that I'll try tweaking the pot first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

niallo27 wrote: »
    Cheers for that I'll try tweaking the pot first

I done that on a new drive I got from ebay (well new as in refurbed). PLugged it in & nothing. Looked some the average readings people were getting with a mulitmeter and compared to mine. Mine was a good bit outside of what people were reporting as working values, adjusted it into range & it worked perfectly after that.

Don't mindlessly tweak it, the most subtle movement causes a big change & you could easily fry the board. Do it with a multimeter & look up known good values.

• Advertisement

You want a reading around 3.40 usually works for me anything lower and you risk burning the laser out

Cheers lads

Advertisement