Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cable concealing options?

• 10-02-2011 6:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Last night I finally got the green light from SWMBO to move the TV from the corner of the room (not ideal for 5.1 sound) to the wall over the fireplace, and hook up the home cinema sound to it. This is on the proviso that there won't be cables everywhere, which is where you guys come in.

1. TV
    Will need power and HDMI. Should I put a socket behind the wall mount for power? Chase out the wall to run two cables through? Or, my preferred option, some inobtrusive trunking to carry the cables up from the back of the TV and along the ceiling. Any recommendations on what to get and where, or do I just go for the standard white stuff and paint it?

2.Speakers
    It's a 5.1 Onkyo system (HTS3305). Currently has the Onkyo speakers that came with it but would like to keep the option of upgrading the speakers in mind, without having to pull the room assunder again. (nearly bought the Jamos off ibood the other day!).
    The room is about 18ft wide by 15ft deep from where we'll be sitting, with the TV sticking forward maybe 2ft once it's mounted on the chimney breast.
    Speaker cables could be run behind skirting boards in an ideal world, but with two young kids in the house I don't think I'll get away with having the rear speakers at listening height.
    Any opinions on running the rear speaker cables through the coving and mounting the speakers up in the corners near ceiling height?

I think somebody linked before to skirting board that's available with channels in it for speaker wire. Are there any other innovative solutions I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement