Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consumer affairs tesco

Options
  • 10-02-2011 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

please explain
    Tesco own brand "Butter me up" 500 gr, was being sold for the past year at .85cents, now being sold at €1.20 "A SAVING OF .59 CENTS" !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

A mistake perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Maybe they mean against a leading brand like Kerrygold or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Miaireland wrote: »
    Maybe they mean against a leading brand like Kerrygold or something.

yep they are running a campaign of being x amount cheaper than the "leading brand", it's all just a load of smoke and mirrors tho

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Or perhaps they've increased the price from 85 cent to 1.79 and then put it on special offer at 1.20?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

yep they are running a campaign of being x amount cheaper than the "leading brand", it's all just a load of smoke and mirrors tho

Yep agree, it really is the most crap thing to be looking at in January when you haven't a cent to rub together and have been buying bloody own brand all year anyway.

And yes those shelf talkers always confuse people, cause its 85c less than the leading brand, not 85c off as you would expect.

No, OP you're right it is now selling for €1.20,

Tesco Butter Me Up 500G

€1.20 (€2.40/kg)
    Add to basket

Quantity

No point contacting the store, try customer services:

customer.services@tesco.ie

Make sure you tell them you do want somebody to contact you and explain this as in a buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kilmac24

E-mailed Customer Services at web address on Irish receipts.
    Got a phone call from Cardiff, who informed me that they would contact Tesco HQ in Dun Laoghaire. 2 weeks waiting and still no contact

That's only for the service you received in that store from the staff in it. You details were passed on to the store manager but the manager doesn't set the prices. Did you give a phone number?

Sorry if its daft but thats the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

kilmac24 wrote: »
    please explain
    Tesco own brand "Butter me up" 500 gr, was being sold for the past year at .85cents, now being sold at €1.20 "A SAVING OF .59 CENTS" !!!!

whats the problem exactly? prices have increased in all retail sectors over the past couple of years due to inflation and companys knowing that people will still be willing to pay the higher price.

"A SAVING OF .59 CENTS" means compared to the leading branded product....many stores have these signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

It £1.10 (€1.32) in Tesco UK, maybe they need to know they're being ripped off over there?:D

Tesco Butter Me Up Spread (500g)£1.10

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sparkydave

Yep I noticed that increase too along with many others over the last few months!!!
    Also 12 pack actimel increase from €4.99 to €5.12 not much of an increase but Dunnes have it for €4 and it wasnt on special!
    They seem to crept up all the prices knowing that most people dont really check their receipts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Tesco's are putting 30 to 40c on most ites since the start of the new year.
    I avoid them and shop in Aldi and Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Got a phone call from Cardiff, who informed me that they would contact Tesco HQ in Dun Laoghaire. 2 weeks waiting and still no contact
    Call the guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Quantity[/I]

Make sure you tell them you do want somebody to contact you and explain this as in a buyer.

Amazing how they use an ie email addy while moving Tesco Customer Services to Dundee.

I thought customer services was in India, you could get an answer from anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kilmac24

I recently wrote complaining about the price of above butter, from .85 c b to €1.20.at Tesco. I now see that the same butter has gone back down to .85.
    One staff member informed me that most prices go up towards the end of the financial year to ensure that the shareholders get a large Divy.

Any comments?

God love the poor staff member, yeah rise the prices to give money to the shareholders (staff) but loose customers at the same time. No I'd presume this is to do with rising prices accross the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Tesco change their prices almost daily it seems. Things are constantly going up and down in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Do you know what i really love about tesco,

24 Tesco brand wheetabix are say 1.33

so its reasonable to assume 48 will be 2,66 or less

Will no they are 2.78 or something

In otherwords its cheaper to buy 2 small packs

Failure on attention to detail imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

All that over the price of butter?

24 tesco brand wheetabix are a massive price pointed item that attract customers, so they are keenly priced and adjusted as competitors adjust their price.

Write to them and ask tesco to increase the price of the 24 pack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I recently wrote complaining about the price of above butter, from .85 c b to €1.20.at Tesco. I now see that the same butter has gone back down to .85.

and they'll have a big sign on it saying "PRICE DROP - was €1.20 save 35c" or something similar

I was looking at the Tesco insert in the paper yesterday and I noticed the Buy Me I Am Irish symbol beside the Chicken and Swedes didn't have the tricolour like some of their other "Irish" products. Should they not be honest and change it to Buy Me I am Northern Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I was looking at the Tesco insert in the paper yesterday and I noticed the Buy Me I Am Irish symbol beside the Chicken and Swedes didn't have the tricolour like some of their other "Irish" products. Should they not be honest and change it to Buy Me I am Northern Irish?
    Can of worms:)

Buy me these have been grown on the island of Ireland, including the Arans, Blaskets, Irelands eye......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I recently purchased storage boxes in tesco that were reduced from €4.60 to €2.30 - half price.
    The cheek of them they put them back up in price the following week. How dare they!!:D

OP, when you see all these signs in Tesco with different prices on them will you take photo? I'm getting mixed up in your prices and tesco have about 10 different ways to show a reduction so a bit of clarification would be nice.

*also on all the tesco signage for special offers are the dates the promo is running so that might help too.

Tesco cutting a 1000 prices!!! Advertising all day in the media there latest price cuts. They seem to have decided not to use the permanent price cuts that they used in a previous campaign does that mean the prices will go up quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just come from there. Some of the prices reduced already. I mainly hung around biscuit isle and a lot of their own brand reduced by between 5 and 20 cent.
    Shortcake bics down to 15 a packet but that might only be clearing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Amazing how they use an ie email addy while moving Tesco Customer Services to Dundee.
    I thought customer services was in India, you could get an answer from anywhere.

I hear they were going to move it to Dundee but the staff to be moved complained about the living conditions there, hence the change of plan to it being in India.
    :D

Advertisement