Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 7th, a Monday

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

The end is nigh, only a few weeks to go until the final batch. At least they're not doing a Caprica on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

They slapped in a huge spoiler about the aliens who abducted chloe and rush coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I mean ffs..... is it that complicated to use spoiler tags??....

Peace wrote: »
    I mean ffs..... is it that complicated to use spoiler tags??....

i put it in white text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

i put it in white text.

Which only works to hide something if you use a theme where the background is white, or close to it, as opposed to one of the themes where white text on a black background is standard..... Spoiler tags, on the other hand, take this into account, and hide the text in a solid band of its own colour, regardless of the theme settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

In fairness, it's not much of a spoiler, they spent half a season building up to it so it was obvious.

• Advertisement

Johnmb wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not much of a spoiler, they spent half a season building up to it so it was obvious.

Is that really the point?

Is that really the point?
    Actually, yes it is the point. I would assume that the actual spoiler being referred to involves what happens when those characters return, and where they fit in. The fact that they are returning isn't a spoiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Thank the gods it's coming back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I kinda thought it was obvious the blue aliens were coming back since they've never left the opening recap and Chloe is going all scaly.

I kinda thought it was obvious the blue aliens were coming back since they've never left the opening recap and Chloe is going all scaly.

Least i put it in white text lads and ladies!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I've decide when the show returns i won't quote ratings, as there is no point since it's axed. I'll just pick apart each ep. and look for critical flaws that led to the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"How to Troll, a masterclass by Richard Dower". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I've decide when the show returns i won't quote ratings, as there is no point since it's axed. I'll just pick apart each ep. and look for critical flaws that led to the cancellation.

This place would be very boring without you Richard :p

Johnmb wrote: »
    Actually, yes it is the point. I would assume that the actual spoiler being referred to involves what happens when those characters return, and where they fit in. The fact that they are returning isn't a spoiler.

No its not the point. So now that you think its ok to not spoiler some future episode references and not others could you please explain to the other users of the board how we can tell which is ok to post and which must be spoilered?

Thanks in advance.

No its not the point. So now that you think its ok to not spoiler some future episode references and not others could you please explain to the other users of the board how we can tell which is ok to post and which must be spoilered?

Thanks in advance.
    Okay, here's something that I'm not going to put spoilers around. Young will be back, as will Scott. Chloe will not only be back, but her "changing" storyline will come to a head. Those blue aliens who started her storyline, and have been in the recap at the start of every episode this season will also be in it. Do you see the difference between all that information and actual spoilers? If not, then I'll spell it out to you, all that information is obvious to everyone who has watched the episodes that have already been shown. It would be a spoiler to say that any of those characters were definitely not going to be in any further episodes, because that would involve a major change to storylines compared to the way that they have been progressing up to now, but to report that those characters are going to be in the second half of the season, i.e. the storylines that we have been watching are going to continue in some form, is not a spoiler, it is obvious.

I should also point out that I haven't read any spoiler sites, all those "spoilers" above are assumptions made based on past episodes, and I'm willing to put money on them all being correct.

Mr E wrote: »
    "How to Troll, a masterclass by Richard Dower". :D

:D , i was joking of course....i boosted the post count on this thread, all good for Boards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I barely even remember how the last episode ended, stupid long breaks:mad:

TheKells wrote: »
    I barely even remember how the last episode ended, stupid long breaks:mad:

Destiny was dumped into the middle of a battle with some aliens and it looked like they were about to be asploded everywhere. There was lots of shouting and sparks. It was all rather generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I wonder how much of that is in the first episode back. It looks awful action packed.
    Chloe's transformation is a lot like Kerrigan in Starcraft, if she turns into the commander of the blue aliens then that's just plagiarism.

Hopefully Greer gets to just shoot her in one of the episodes although that's probably too easy. It's gonna be a situation where he should kill her, doesn't, then she does something bad that probably kills someone else and then she gets away to help the blue aliens figure out the mysteries of destiny. The end.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

Ok now i'm quite excited for this!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Still really annoyed that they cancelled this.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm torn on whether I should bother watching this on SyFy at all.

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm torn on whether I should bother watching this on SyFy at all.

Of course your going to watch it. Everybody that comes here is going to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i dunno man, and give syfy the revenue?

You could watch it on the non syfy stations like we have to do over here. It means waiting a while but at least they won't be getting the revenue.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can you not TiVo it? I thought this doesn't count in ratings, as I think I read somewhere else that despite evidence of peolpe doing this, it didn't count. Presumably because people wouldn't watch the ads if the had it recorded.

Well unless you have a Neilson box on top of your TV then your not really contributing anything to scifi oh wait i mean syfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Well uv failed at that already ... cheers for the lie do ;)

Advertisement