Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velux windows & building materials

Options
  • 10-02-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi, am currently in the middle of building an extension looking to source good value materials..

velux windows, blocks, mortar, lead, timber, roof tiles etc

any help on finding the best value for money is much appreciated!

thansk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

If your based on the northside of dublin, Newtown Supplies & Distributors Ltd do very reasonable prices. Not sure about the Velux, you might have to shop around for them, Newtown might do them I'm not 100% tho. My dad gets stuff from them all the time. Or if you wanted to wait a couple of days I can find out a place up north & they will get Grange builders in the Republic to deliver at a far cheaper rate. Dont ask me how or why but the northern crowd with do it far cheaper than Grange themselves. Plus you'll have to do the exchange rate, but still works out dirt cheap compared to Republic prices. Post me back if you want me to look into it. I'll have to ring someone I did some work for quiet some time back. If you want me to find out I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dm252006

hey thanks for that info DUB777, i'd be really interested in that phone number if you have it handy, thanks

Malahide Road Industrial Park, Coolock Dublin 17
    Baile Átha Cliath, Co. Dublin

Get Directions
    01 847 4582

Thats for Newtown.
    You'll have to give me a few days for the northy number. Your man is gone off on the orient express for 2 weeks with his missus. Ill text him & post you a reply when Ive heard back from him.

Hi there,
    Sorry to have wasted your time, apparently they've gone into liquidation or administration. Not sure which but they're sunk anyway. The place was called Eassda Ltd.
    Anyway your man from TJ's will probably cut you a good deal seeing as everything has gone belly up in the South.
    Sorry about the delay, he only replied to me there this evening.

I cant see the reply from your man in TJ's.
    I got this in my email a few days ago, ill post it incase you didnt get it and he mailed it to wrong person. I dont know how these forum things work.
    But here it is anyway.

"
    Hi DM252,
    I'm a Sales Representative with T J O Mahonys at the back of the Airport. Give me a buzz on 086 7921025. I gaurentee we'll be cheaper than anyone else. I can even call down to site if you want and go through what you need priced etc. Call me anytime."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vipin

Hi, I am vipin kumar.Discount Heating are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. . Discount Heating will endeavour to respond to any complaint within a maximum of five working days. IMPORTANT: We do not advise anyone to pre-book an electrician, plumber, builder or any other installer untill their goods have been received and checked.
    =============================
    Building Hardware

Advertisement