Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humax Foxsat Not powering up.?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

Thats great to have it working again!!.
    I ordered mine last Friday but am still waiting delivery......hopefully I'll get it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

kelsca wrote: »
    Thats great to have it working again!!.
    I ordered mine last Friday but am still waiting delivery......hopefully I'll get it next week.

mine was sent out last Tuesday. Arrived via UPS today. Give them a ring on Monday. See how it is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not a bad compromise. I think it is only for software updates, because my one asks to rescan on power-up when there is a change. My one is always left in stand-by, not fully powered up.

It also adds the thumbnails to new recordings when it powers up at 3am. Couldn't do without that, could we :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Just noticed that a Humax Foxsat kit is now available.
    http://www.satcure.com/accs/page12.htm#humax

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kelsca

vectra wrote: »
    mine was sent out last Tuesday. Arrived via UPS today. Give them a ring on Monday. See how it is going.
    Well mine finally arrived yesterday and I fitted it today and everything is working perfect again!!
    Before I put the new unit in the box I compared it to the old one and I could see one of the the bigger capacitors had a slight bulge on top...however it was only the one,all the others appeared to me to be ok!
    Hopefully the box will be fine now and I must remember to turn off when not in use
    Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Bulging is the first visible sign of pressure inside. Ideally you don't want to wait that long before you replace it! By the time it pressurises, the capacitor is well gone. If you had an ESR meter you'd be able to measure the rest and you'd probably find several more that were faulty (electrically).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Advertisement