Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Fixed Line & Broadband for Business

• 10-02-2011 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Folks,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on other threads.

O2 recently gave us an offer of a fixed line & broadband package, pretty competitive.

My question is, are they any use. The business is within retail so any down time on phone lines would be a disaster!

Thanks
    Excaptain

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If its business then like any other business provider they will have a service level agreement, this outlines what (if any) downtime is acceptable under the T&C's.

No ISP will guarantee 100% uptime but if uptime if important the its the SLA that you want to be aware of.

I've not heard any bad reports about O2 in relation to ADSL services,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Broadband forum

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I signed up for business DSL with O2 last year. Never got any service from them and the customer service was utterly appauling.

In fact, months after I was told the account was closed (heck, it never even got started) they then took money from my bank account on Dec 31st for line rental and broadband!

I'm only just getting the refund back now (still waiting for it actually but it's due around now apparently). It's odd because bill pay cell phone service with them has been fine.

Steer clear. Steer very, very clear would be my advice based on my experience with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Oh and a side note for you. When I finally gave them the heave ho and said I was going with another provider, they killed my line completely and never paid any attention to the clear instructions I gave them. Thus causing many headaches with UAN's, threats of legal action and proposed changes to the LBW rule in cricket.

I'd actually rather eat bowls of loose, watery stools every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 15 years than sign up with them for broadband again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Excaptain

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Oh and a side note for you. When I finally gave them the heave ho and said I was going with another provider, they killed my line completely and never paid any attention to the clear instructions I gave them. Thus causing many headaches with UAN's, threats of legal action and proposed changes to the LBW rule in cricket.

I'd actually rather eat bowls of loose, watery stools every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 15 years than sign up with them for broadband again.

So what you are saying is??? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Cabaal wrote: »
    If its business then like any other business provider they will have a service level agreement, this outlines what (if any) downtime is acceptable under the T&C's.

No ISP will guarantee 100% uptime but if uptime if important the its the SLA that you want to be aware of.

I've not heard any bad reports about O2 in relation to ADSL services,

They are using the Eircom network and re-selling, so you should have the same level of service as with Eircom, but at the better price.

Advertisement