Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Price Gouging Effective 12 March. Get Out Of Contract Free

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I got a line put in by Eircom in January, 6 month contract, no bundle or broadband. I want to switch the line to another company as part of a line/broadand bundle. I didn't get the notification of the increases. Can I still cancel the contract without penalty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Yep you may cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Received a letter in the post today saying UPC was now available in my area, but my the time I got home and read the letter Eircom was closed!

So is today definitely the last day for cancelling?

Is there any other way I can cancel other than talking to customer care which closes at 6pm?

I've filled in an online contact form and also sent them a fax, just hoping they'll accept one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

by law you have 30 days to cancel. as Feb has only 28 days, today it's the 27th day since the 11th of Feb

makes sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    by law you have 30 days to cancel. as Feb has only 28 days, today it's the 27th day since the 11th of Feb

makes sense?

Are you sure that you have thirty days? I thought it was 7 days.

I got call from eircom today offering to upgrade my bb from 8mb to 24 mb for free! There's a year long contract. Hard to know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

AFAIK that's the reason they sent it a month ago, to comply with the regulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

What would the situation be if a customer did not receive a notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 greenhouse1234

Hi guys

wondering, if i get some advice here.

i signed up for a bundle/package with eircom in july 2010, then upgraded again in oct 2010 hence start of 12 months contract.

as i signed up for bundle that includes phone and broadband plus off peak calls, certain min. call connection charges etc. contract was made for 12 months for a package. 'broadband' was integral part of that deal/package. which I agree to pay fixed amount with certain conditions attached.

but now when eircom changed their term and conditions of that package, eircom advertised customer can cancel their contract without panlity,

but why now eircom 'believes' broadband as a separate entity.
    how can i get my old contract with terms. i seen new one on eircom stating separetly 12 months for phoneline and brpadband, but it wasnt same back last year.

any suggestions?

Advertisement