Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared services in Eircom connection box.

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

UPC were supposed to install Triple play in my house today.

The engineer informed me that the 20 year old RG57 cable from the telecom box on the street needs to be replaced but thay are not permitted to touch anything in this underground box. This box has the Fibre optic UPC cables and the distance to my front door is abot 50 ft.

This is a recent developement as I was informed by the installer.

As this is a shared service box then Eircom should permit access to the other service providers with cabling in this box.

What is Eircoms stance on this matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

prochida wrote: »
    UPC were supposed to install Triple play in my house today.

The engineer informed me that the 20 year old RG57 cable from the telecom box on the street needs to be replaced but thay are not permitted to touch anything in this underground box. This box has the Fibre optic UPC cables and the distance to my front door is abot 50 ft.

This is a recent developement as I was informed by the installer.

As this is a shared service box then Eircom should permit access to the other service providers with cabling in this box.

What is Eircoms stance on this matter.

Hi prochida,

Can you private message me with your address or previous telephone number so I can pin point the junction-box in question and I can check this with eircom technicans.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭prochida

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

prochida wrote: »
    pm sent

Hi prochida,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. As far as I could determine, As the Junction boxes belong to eircom, we are responsible for the maintenance of the boxes. Although they maintain equipment from other companies, we need to insure that we have a record of any work being done on the boxes.

So similar if there is a line fault that another company needs either eircoms assistance or permission to access eircom equipment...

There should be a process where you contact your current provider and they will either allow access to that junction box or arrange for an eircom technician to be sent out at the request of your current provider.

Has your current provider confirmed they will send a request for access to eircom?

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement