Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dare I say it??

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Well here I am again. After an ectopic and a miscarriage in the past 10 months I am pregnant again at 5 weeks. This is a complete shock as we were away on holidays (plenty of food and DRINK too) I couldnt believe it when i tested as period never showed, I must have ovulated early.

Anyway basically i am worried that this baby will have the same fate. I am trying to stay positive but find myself in the bathroom every 2.5 seconds checking for blood or red discharge.

Has anyone had the same fate and ended up with a succesfull baby afterwards that would like to share their info??

Thanks Girls xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Alde,

You poor yoke - it should be such a fantastic time and you're worried sick.

I don't have any words of comfort for you on the situation front, but I will suggest this - don't worry about food or drink or the like from your holiday. What you'll probably find is that it was because you were so relaxed in the run up to it that you conceived, that can only be a good start for baby, given how you must have been feeling over the last few months. The baby gets nothing you do 'til seven weeks anyway, so no harm!

I know its probably damn near impossible, but if you can at all, try and relax and not worry for the next five weeks. In some ways, its a good thing it came as shock, had you found out three weeks ago, it'd have been a longer wait til the considered 'safe zone'.
    I would imagine, with your history you'll be fairly closely monitored but if you're in any doubt at any stage, kick up a fuss, no issue or niggle is too small to go to the doc about when you're in this position!

Very much hoping its third time lucky for you. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

It didn't happen to me but to a close family member.
    She miscarried several times and got pregnant again, only to be told to expect another miscarriage, and she was loosing quite a lot of blood.
    BUT when she went to the scan to confirm the miscarriage, they could actually see a heart beat. Yes a little miracle indeed!
    Baby is due next month. :D
    Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Since you have had an ectopic pregnancy, you are at higher risk of having another as there will be scar tissue which can cause another. For this reason you should be scanned as early as possible to make sure that this little bean is in the right place!

I miscarried before conceiveing my daughter and had no problems (appart from my own anxiety!) in the pregnancy.

My sister in law had an ectopic and then a few months later, whilst she was away in France enjoying lots of food and drink, conceived her now 10 month little boy!

My other sister in law gave birth 5 weeks ago to a beautiful little girl after having 2 miscarriages. Healthy pregnancy, healthy baby. She was very stressed after the second miscarriage and ended up having acupuncture which she conceived after a few sessions.

I hope this fills you with a bit of hope and confidence in this pregnancy. There is no reason why you should miscarry again.

Fingers and toes crossed for you and Congratulations :D

Remember that you are pregnant until proven otherwise. Try and enjoy it. No amount of worrying will do you or the baby any good. Easier said than done I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Thanks everybody for your reassuring words/advice. I am due in Monday week for an early scan due to the circumstances so i suppose until then i just take it easy and think positive.
    Fingers crossed it will be 3rd time lucky for us.
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We kept on trying in similar circumstances (multiple miscarriages) - our son is over 10 months old and am 21/22 weeks pregnant with a little girl. I know that I still look all the time as I am pertrified of anything happening to our daughter. I really want to wish you all the best.

• Advertisement

Thanks Cathy. Im feeling a little more positive today and maybe even a little excited so please god everything will work out ok this time. Congrats on your pregnancy too.

Hi Girls just back from the scan so I said id update.

The baby is in the right place and we saw a heartbeat but the doctor was concerned that the baby may be a little small so I have to go back for another scan in two weeks time and hopefully the baby will have grown to the size they would like.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Instead of ovulating early, like you suggested in your first post, is it possible that you ovulated late?
    A few days at an early stage could be quite a difference in the size of baby.
    Delighted for you that baby is in the right place, and that you saw the heartbeat! :)

Hi Liliq,

Im not sure maybe I did ovulate a couple of days later than I taught. The baby measured 2.5mm which the hospital said was small for 6.5 weeks but i was googling earlier (i know its prob the worst thing i can do) but found information suggesting a baby of 6 weeks can be anywhere from 2mm to 5mm. Im trying to stay positive because as of now my baby is alive and well so lets just hope he/she hangs on in there.
    xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A strong heartbeat is probably the best sign you can get at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

When the baby is so tiny, just a slight wrong placement of the cursor of the scanner can give a wrong measurement of a mm ether way. Seeing a little heartbeat at such an early stage is a really positive indication that everyhing is ok!

Try and relax and remember that you are pregnant until proven otherwise! Enjoy :D

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to up date from my last post. Just back from my scan and things are looking great :D The baby has grown from 2.5mm to 17.8mm in 2 weeks and it is now the size it should be for my dates. They said my chances of miscarriage have been reduced to just 5%. Needless to say this is a huge weight of our shoulders and please god we will have no more problems with this pregnancy. Looks like it could be 3rd time lucky. I do not have to go back now until my 20 weeks scan and will attend there clinic in about 4/5 weeks.

Thanks for all your support.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

My cousin had the same story as you and has four now! Had one, then an ectopic and two miscarraiges, and now three in a row. So mind yourself, enjoy it and fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Delighted everything seems to be working out so well for you Alde, you can start to proper enjoy it now!

Advertisement