Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCS Degree

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im just wondering is anyone on here going for(or has completed) a degree through the Accumulation of Credits & Certification of Subjects (ACCS)?

Im just looking for some general info on it. All I can find is that you have to apply through CAO. I just want to know how exactly it works. Do you work away doing courses at your own pace?

Any info really would be very helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Any one with any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

Hi Johnny

I rang my local institute of technology about a course i wanted to do through ACCS.
    You apply through the CAO as normal and then when your offered the place you specify to do it through ACCS.
    You can choose to do however many modules you want and attend for them lessons I think you can preview the timetable before you choose.
    If you are unemployed you would not qualify for BTEA or free fees you would have to pay the tuition fees they are charged on a pro rata basis so if your doin half the modules you would pay 50% tuition fees.

Hope this helps

hey shopaholic thanks for gettin back to me. I actually got on to a few of the universities and got alot of info off of them. Not what im lookin for im afraid but i will keep lookin.

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

Wasnt what Im looking for either!
    Are you unemployed if so a new initative called springboard is being launched im May through bluebrick.ie its part time higher free education courses for unemployed froms level 6 to 9.

no im working. Was kinda night classes i was lookin for

• Advertisement
Advertisement