Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Briens sandwich bar opening again

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

anybody know when the bagel factory closed and when O'Briens is opening.

Didnt they already try this in carlow and fail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Not a fan of O'Briens tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I was a fan of it when they had a discounted one in the office!!
    Chicken and Bacon triple decker... drooools ...

Havent heard anything about it re-opening in carlow but I know that alot of branches closed due to the high rents that were being charged..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 philkelly32

sandwiches were lovely but price wasnt

and i actually like bagel factory shame its gone allday eggworks were lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

When did the Bagel Factory close? I was in it as late as last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

not sure when it closed but went for a bagel last sunday week nd thought it just didnt open on sundays but went again today and the windows were painted white with an O'Briens sign in the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

theres a new delo/sandwich shop opening where the old boscos was on Tullow street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Frynge wrote: »
    not sure when it closed but went for a bagel last sunday week nd thought it just didnt open on sundays but went again today and the windows were painted white with an O'Briens sign in the window

I was there Tuesday last week, and I know someone else that was there Monday, just gone.

We are talking about the Bagel Factory on Kennedy Avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

No wonder Bagel factory is gone & their will be a lot more suffering the same fate their must be 30+ in & around Carlow town
    iv actually lost count the amount of takeaways their are.. Anyone any idea ??:rolleyes:? (start counting Lol) toooooo many :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

O'Briens, Bagel Factory, Chick King, Abrakebabra, Yo Sushi, Gourmet Burger Kitchen are all part of the Abrakebabra group.

So Bagel Factory is probably changing into one of the new look o'briens that has Bagels as well as sandwiches etc

patrickc wrote: »
    theres a new delo/sandwich shop opening where the old boscos was on Tullow street

This will be a REAL deli. I believe its french and will have a range of gourmet foods, loads of cold cuts etc etc. and also hope to have some tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Isn't there already a Deli beside the old Boscos on Tullow St??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

lucylu wrote: »
    Isn't there already a Deli beside the old Boscos on Tullow St??

Sambodinos are going in there. Not good news for Bon Appetit.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Sambodinos are going in there. Not good news for Bon Appetit.

Not good news for any of the sanwich shops - just saw their menu & prices - €2 seems to be average for a sambo. http://www.mullingarbusiness.com/sambodinos.htm

Excellent news for people buying lunch though!

Seems to be copying the Greggs Sandwich Bar model from the UK. - Make it nearly as cheap as making it at home and they'll flock into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I think there was a Sambodinos in Carlow on Tullow Street a couple of years ago where Oonagh Conroy's shop is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

prob about 10 years ago or so. they had great food.

Advertisement