Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money Money Money (Premier League still top dog)

• 10-02-2011 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/feb/10/deloitte-money-league-teams-manchester-spurs
    The greater collective earning power of Premier League clubs, bolstered by a bumper £1.4bn overseas TV deal that took the total over three seasons to £3.5bn, is reflected in the fact that there are seven English clubs in the top 20.

Although the top 20, drawn from 2009/10 accounts, only measures revenues - not debt or losses - it provides a snapshot of the relative earning power of the biggest clubs in Europe. Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea all retained their previous positions of third, fifth and sixth, respectively. Liverpool slipped one place to eighth.

Manchester City rose nine places to 11th on revenues of £152.8m, despite failing to qualify for the Champions League. Executives will point to their rapidly rising earning power as evidence that they can balance the books and comply with Uefa's Financial Fair Play requirements, despite recording losses of £121m in their most recent accounts

Real Madrid
    Spain---438.6
    Barcelona
    Spain---398.1
    Man United
    UK
    Bayern Munich--Ger
    Arsenal
    UK
    Chelsea
    UK
    AC Milan
    Italy---235.8
    Liverpool
    UK
    Internazionale---Italy--- 224.8
    Juventus
    Italy---- 205

The La Liga Big Two still top thanks to their TV deals.

Matchday revenues shows why LFC must get a new stadium

Man Utd 35% of revenue is box office, 23% for LFC is box-office.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'd be more interested in the real rich list, i.e. the one that shows operating profit. That one pretty much just tells us the teams with the highest operating loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

iregk wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in the real rich list, i.e. the one that shows operating profit. That one pretty much just tells us the teams with the highest operating loss.

Id say Arsenal would be top in that league.

The actual document.
    http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/Industries/Sports%20Business%20Group/UK_SBG_DFML2011.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It cant be a list if theres only 1 team on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

mike65 wrote: »

The La Liga Big Two still top thanks to their TV deals.

Its not simply because of there TV deals though is it?

Real Madrid's TV deal is "only" €30 million more than that of Man Utd's so there are more reasons why there revenue is €90 odd million more, Barcelona on the other hand would have been about the same as Man Utd if there TV deals were equal.

Bayern commercial revenue is huge, especially compared to the likes of Arsenal, how is there's so high?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

The breakdown of the figures is interesting:

Bayern have the highest commercial revenue in the world by over 20m, wonder how they manage that ?

Even though Barca have the biggest stadium they earn less matchday revenue than Real, Man U and Arsenal. Goes to show corporate sections are going to get bigger and bigger in new stadia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

MOG7 wrote: »

Bayern commercial revenue is huge, especially compared to the likes of Arsenal, how is there's so high?

"The club’s on-pitch success during 2009/10 is likely to have contributed to this growth by triggering performance bonuses attached to their sponsorship deals"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

2009 season
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bAJbhg003F4/SmZR0dplvWI/AAAAAAAAAE4/SsmfFQE8jFE/s1600-h/Soccer+Spending+Power.jpg

Advertisement