Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAGE

• 10-02-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Gonna head over there in a few minutes to see what all this fuss is about (not that I've any old consoles to buy games for :( ).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hygro wrote: »
    Gonna head over there in a few minutes to see what all this fuss is about (not that I've any old consoles to buy games for :( ).

I went in there once to 'browse' came out of it 40 euros lighter out of 50 I had to do me for the weekend. You'll buy something, you just don't know it yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, browse with caution, preferably with a friend outside, holding the cash!
    Go in if you have to with a budget!
    Don't worry, he will get more Super Metroids in!
    You don't have to spend the food money on it!

Feck it, it's Super Metroid, sure everyone can stand to lose a few pounds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Holy crap!!

I see what you mean ... almost bought Sensible Soccer, Mortal Kombat and a Wrestling game for the MegaDrive ... even though I haven't got one :D !!

Didn't see the prices for all the consoles though, only the MegaDrive for 40 blips...was so tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Feckin great shop is RAGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

55 quid for the MD and 2 6-button pads in rage ... do I dare buy it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hygro wrote: »
    55 quid for the MD and 2 6-button pads in rage ... do I dare buy it? :pac:

He who dares, wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Whereabouts is this Rage place? I'm taking it, it's in Dublin somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

deathrider wrote: »
    Whereabouts is this Rage place? I'm taking it, it's in Dublin somewhere?

Yup, in the Dublin's city centre. On fade street where that stupid reality tv show is.

Cool. I must check it out next time I'm passing through Dublin.

Do, it's definitely worth a look! But bring money. Lots of money!

• Advertisement

To be honest, if I brought lots of movey, I'd come home with none! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was in there on Friday and picked up two crappy Megadrive sports games for €4.

Why? because they had absolutely pristine clamshells! Not a mark on them. Hanging tags were even lovely.

So out came Pebble Beach Golf Links and Premier Manager and in went Dynamite Headdy and Bloodshot.

Walking out of the shop I thought I should have let them hang on to the carts as I've no use for them at all. Must remember to do this in future if I'm just buying for the cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Have been in the shop a few times but not since just after the flood, Quite a goldmine I must say!

I don't get into town too often BUT am planning a venture in here ASAP

Does anybody know if they Stock Atari stuff??

Cheers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Luke G wrote: »
    Have been in the shop a few times but not since just after the flood
    Almost sounds biblical, doesn't it?

I'm off work next week.. Hope to make it in... Only had a brief look a few months back.

Do they still have all those sweet vintage record players in there?

DinoRex wrote: »
    Do they still have all those sweet vintage record players in there?

I think so. Nice selection of LP's too and there's always some bangin' choonz playing whhenever I go in :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Luke G wrote: »
    Have been in the shop a few times but not since just after the flood, Quite a goldmine I must say!

I don't get into town too often BUT am planning a venture in here ASAP

Does anybody know if they Stock Atari stuff??

Cheers...
    Theres some ST stuff , but no VCS/8 bit stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Took a trip in yesterday and am seriously considering a life changing purchase

Life changing that if i buy it my other half will dump me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Took a trip in yesterday and am seriously considering a life changing purchase

Life changing that if i buy it my other half will dump me :eek:

Yet if it was pink & not electrical it would be approved! You guys, what happened to male integrity :D Your all terrified of your better halfs, treat them mean keep them keen is my motto - it works too :pac::pac:

*Awaits the wrath of Sera nervously (which defeats the whole point of what I said :rolleyes::o)

Advertisement