Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can this thread be moved to?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The OP in that thread is simply using Boards to drum up support for a campaign, not discuss societal issues. As such, Mr. Magnolia was correct in locking the thread. In fact my own opinion is that it should be deleted, Boards is not here for people to use as a campaign platform. If somebody wants to start a proper discussion on the issue with properly presented evidence, and without the rabble-rousing of the OP, then I would suggest that the Environmental Science might be a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

Can the thread be moved to environmental science or does it need to be started again? While you are probably right about the OP, I think it had turned into a proper discussion and looked like it was going to continue that way. Good threads often develop out of weaker opening posts.

Is the discussion of the moralities of the case as well as the scientific aspects allowed? If so, is the discussion on boards only allowed to be in generalities or is it permitted to discuss the specific case?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Can the thread be moved to environmental science or does it need to be started again? While you are probably right about the OP, I think it had turned into a proper discussion and looked like it was going to continue that way. Good threads often develop out of weaker opening posts.
    While I agree with this last sentence, I can't really see how to take part of that thread and move it. Technically, its not a problem...but without the OP, there's no context. With the OP...well...see what Zaph said.
    Is the discussion of the moralities of the case as well as the scientific aspects allowed? If so, is the discussion on boards only allowed to be in generalities or is it permitted to discuss the specific case?

Your best bet with questions like those is to PM the Mods of the forum in question before starting a thread.

My (personal) opinion is that if you try and make the thread about a specific case, then its suggesting that what is wanted here is not a discussion about the issue but rather a promotion of these individuals' situation. They may be useful as an example, but the issue (if there is one) is not about one family.

Advertisement