Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads going to Cork

Options
  • 10-02-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Just read the mod post and don't want to start digging up any former threads causing trouble!. Myself and about ten other guys aged 30 or so are heading to Cork in a couple of weeks time to meet up, go on the sauce etc. Its a 6-Nations weekend and we'll probably have a good few pints, but for this number of people would it be recommended to book somewhere to eat if we want to get food early ( say 7pm ish). Won't be too messy ( till later anyway!). Any ideas on where to go for food?. We are staying pretty central to town and i haven't been to Cork myself for a few years so i don't really know bout food/booze around town.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yea - if its a bunch of ye captain americas would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Thanks for the replies. Sounds good. If a couple of them want to hit the wine after a few pints any other ideas?. Not looking for the cozy-couple formal type scene,just a few alternatives if anyone wants other option than Captain A's. Cheers

Soho is a restaurant over a bar, they cater for groups, booking would be advised. Grub in Captain Americas is fairly awful. Soho is on the Grand Parade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

I would go for Soho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Soho is for fancy ****ers :pac:

Didnt think the food in Captain Americas was that bad the last time I went but the food in Soho is very good, and, if you hitting wine after, Soho would probably have a better selection than Captain Americas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Captain Americas is a bad idea imo. Food isn't the best and it's over priced. The crowd usually in there sound like it might be a good idea for your group, can get quite loud though. I'd suggest the Bodega. Good food, atmosphere can be very good, beers, wine. www.bodegacork.ie/

It's a group of 30 something year old lads out for a weekend, it's not a load of lads just after being released from St Pats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

RoverJames wrote: »
    Grub in Captain Americas is fairly awful.
    Food isn't the best.

What did you have when you went there, out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Leftover's from my wife's and her friend's plates. There was a reason they didn't eat most of their food and there was me thinking I had gotten lucky and they were just being picky. :( No joy. Pretty much uneatable. Cheese burger and fries, tasteless pretty much. As for the chicken enchilada. Unfortunately I forgot my hammer that day so I couldn't beat that tortilla into submission. I'm the sucker for paying for it. Most of my friends have bad things to say about the grub there to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

FTGFOP wrote: »
    What did you have when you went there, out of interest?

Barbeque burger, it was well edible but not at all comparable to a decent restaurant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

RoverJames wrote: »
    Barbeque burger, it was well edible but not at all comparable to a decent restaurant :)

I ate there twice. Both times was horrible but the second time didnt seen to bad as I was arseified...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I've had the burger in Captain America's, it's the same dry, grey disc I get everywhere. I've had some seriously nice steaks in there though, in fairness to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Captain Americas is a bad idea imo. Food isn't the best and it's over priced. The crowd usually in there sound like it might be a good idea for your group, can get quite loud though. I'd suggest the Bodega. Good food, atmosphere can be very good, beers, wine. www.bodegacork.ie/

They've got an ipod shuffle for a DJ from what I could gather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I would definitely recommend soho, they have the best chicken wings and ribs, and fajitas, and now Im hungry :p They have loads of screens in soho if you want to watch matches. Then you could head up along to Costigans, the classic or reardans. They are just normal chart music bars on a saturday and are all more or less on the same street. Have fun!!

Advertisement