Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im looking for a place for my band to do our first gig, any ideas?

• 10-02-2011 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We are a band in north Dublin and I've been searching online for ages now looking for gigs for us and none of the places tell you much about themselves. Like do you need to bring your own amps and kit. If you guys could help that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You could try Captain Americas, I think most of the Captain Americas are giving new young bands a go. They have band nights on mondays. Unsure about equipment. But might be an ideal start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 StevenGuy

Captain Americas is a bit far out but i will give them a look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joheidhin

Get a gig with Bonkers (promoter) in the Pint on Eden Quay. They're easygoing, provide amps and drumkit, they're put on nights with a few bands.

http://www.facebook.com/bonkersdublin

This way you don't have to book a place on your own, there's guaranteed to be some other people there and it's also a good environment to start off, not too imposing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭billybenner

contact liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com they will give you a gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

contact liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com they will give you a gig
    It's probably worth pointing out that according to this you are something to do with the above promoters isn't it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement