Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potassium Level

Options
  • 10-02-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi!! I went to the doc the other day for a blood test and got the results yesterday. My potassium level is 5.6 which she said was 2 high so we had to re-do another test. I asked the doctor was this dangerous as I'm only a 22yr old girl and until now have rarely had to go to the doctor. Her answers were very vague and just said it has to do with your muscles.. I know you cant tell me exactly what is wrong but would anyone have an idea? My head is wrecked with this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Ive had high potassium levels before and Im also in my 20's. Doc wasnt bothered as to get an accurate result the blood has to be tested the same day as sampling, or so I was told.
    The re-test is maybe just to double check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

imppossible for us to say.

question your gp further

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement