Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Handset Insurance

• 10-02-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Something important here for all you Desire HD users.

I had a Hero with Meteor and was paying 4.99 a month handset insurance, today i got my upgrade of a Desire HD, rang the insurance company who meteor goes through to give them the new IMEI and they said it was a different price.

Desire HD's are 6.99 a month, hate for 1 of you guys to lose yer phone and them not pay out because you were on the wrong policy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

or if you have an ulster bank ufirst account you can register it with the same insurance company for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

or if you have an ulster bank ufirst account you can register it with the same insurance company for free

What do you mean? do you get free insurance?

yep, had been paying phone insurance all along and was looking over my ufirst account benefits (as i thinking of cancelling the €9/mth membership). They transferred my account over to the ufirst free one. I then had to ring meteor a month later as they still applied the 5 euro charge to my mobile bill.
    http://www.ufirstaccount.ie/ufirst/mobile.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yep, had been paying phone insurance all along and was looking over my ufirst account benefits (as i thinking of cancelling the €9/mth membership). They transferred my account over to the ufirst free one. I then had to ring meteor a month later as they still applied the 5 euro charge to my mobile bill.
    http://www.ufirstaccount.ie/ufirst/mobile.shtml

i read that link and it says

"Please note: This policy does not currently offer cover on iPhones or PDA devices such as Blackberry's."

does that mean androids to?is a galaxy a pda device?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i read that link and it says

"Please note: This policy does not currently offer cover on iPhones or PDA devices such as Blackberry's."

does that mean androids to?is a galaxy a pda device?

It covers up to €450 so it would want to cover an android phone.

• Advertisement

its the same terms on meteors standard policy which i asked them when i called and they checked the imei number if i remember correctly, confirmed the phone model and said its covered (HTC Desire in my case)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

They transferred my account over to the ufirst free one.
    Is there a link to the free one? Under the terms it says it costs €10 pm

the 10 euro per month is for ufirst membership. Not sure if you are being smart there but true its not free as u pay a monthly membership to ufirst. (it works for me with cheaper loans,better savings rates, insurance on purchases and concert tickets etc)
    sorry i said anything now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

the 10 euro per month is for ufirst membership. Not sure if you are being smart there but true its not free as u pay a monthly membership to ufirst. (it works for me with cheaper loans,better savings rates, insurance on purchases and concert tickets etc)
    sorry i said anything now

I wasn't being smart. I understood it as being able to get my phone insurance for free. I don't understand what you meant. What's the free one?

sorry, was a long day. are you an ulster bank ufirst member? if not then its no use to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have mine insured on the home insurance for a cover of a few hundred, even though I'm not sure what a replacement from Meteor would be on billpay if it was lost stolen... anyone know, better safe than sorry maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I have mine insured on the home insurance for a cover of a few hundred, even though I'm not sure what a replacement from Meteor would be on billpay if it was lost stolen... anyone know, better safe than sorry maybe?

The problem with using home insurance is that you have to pay an excess that is more than the cost of a typical phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't think it was that much, an extra €30 per year or something, might have to check.

Advertisement