Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphic designers in galway?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone here could be of help. Me and a few friends are planning to start a new magazine based in Galway shortly (aiming to get the first one out May 1).

It will be fairly small-scale to start with, and the emphasis will be on original feature writing / non-fiction, and lots of photography, hopefully. The focus will be more on culture and society rather than news or politics.

We're looking for a graphic designer to join us in helping to get this off the ground. I suppose somebody young and looking to design a publication from scratch and build a portfolio would be ideal — unfortunately we can't offer any money, the project is really a labour of love for us and it's quite likely those of us getting it started will end up putting cash in to get the first issue printed (not that we'd expect the graphic designer to do this). We're just doing it for the fun of putting a magazine together really —*though we're all experienced in publishing/journalism and we're going to put a lot of work in to ensure the quality is very high.

Anyway, if you have any questions or know somebody that might be interested, please let me know.

Thanks for reading,

Lenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Try to approach the graduates/students in the various (excellent) graphics courses in GTI. They may be able to incorporate it as part of their course work, as a project?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

http://www.grafaici.ie/

Group of people from Galway, have them as a friend on Facebook, have done some nice designs

Advertisement