Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Stobart Transport. Where are they going?

• 10-02-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a large increase in the number of trucks on the road(N5) owned by Eddie Stobart group, I was wondering where they are going, have they got some big contract somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Maybe they are bringing stuff down to Rossport for Shell? Or collecting from Allergan in Westport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

As far as I know they do most of the Tesco deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭rescue16

hiscan wrote: »
    As far as I know they do most of the Tesco deliveries.
    You are write the do all of the tesco deliveries very small contractor work now so they are doing them all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

rescue16 wrote: »
    You are write the do all of the tesco deliveries very small contractor work now so they are doing them all .

<comment removed>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

irishgeo wrote: »
    your grammar is shocking.

Ah come on now be fair, could be the poster has reading/writing difficulties. Honestly I dont think its fair to comment on other posters grammer, you could end up putting them or anyone else who reads what you have to say off any writing or form filling for fear of been judged.
    Op I just noticed two of these trucks on the road today, one had a portacabin on the back, I would speculate that it had something to do with shell as I saw them on crossmolina to belmullet rd.

• Advertisement

astra2000 wrote: »
    Ah come on now be fair, could be the poster has reading/writing difficulties. Honestly I dont think its fair to comment on other posters grammer, you could end up putting them or anyone else who reads what tou have to say off any writing or form filling for fear of been judged.
    Op I just noticed two of these trucks on the road today, one had a portacabin on the back, I would speculate that it had something to do with shell as I saw them on crossmolina to belmullet rd.
    I could not give a monkeys what he said. I was typing fast as i was in a rush but there is always one twat that makes comments. Get a life man or a women lol. And thanks astra2000 for backing me up it was good of you.
    Hope my grammer and spelling was ok !! lol :D

irishgeo wrote: »
    <comment removed>
    Thanks for removing it there was no offence taken ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

rescue16 wrote: »
    I could not give a monkeys what he said. I was typing fast as i was in a rush but there is always one twat that makes comments. Get a life man or a women lol. And thanks astra2000 for backing me up it was good of you.
    Hope my grammer and spelling was ok !! lol :D

It was a simple spelling mistake, nothing to have gotten cranky about:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

don't think they're going to ballinaboy, not much happening in there the last while, i'm in bangor and i've never seen them out this far. we saw a convoy of 3 going into the coca-cola site in ballina at the weekend, and they're always at tesco in ballina too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

That grammer was appalling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Stobart Transport Division are moving in on any transport contract that comes up for renewal. Get used to seeing them a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Saw a documentary on the two guys who run Stobbarts recently. With their liking for WRC Rally Team, race horses, helicopters, private jets and ferrari's, can't see them being cheap. They bought an airport as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Stobbarts won a transport contract with an American company In Ballina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

181499_191033420920655_100000419960638_572694_1563072_n.jpg

They are doing all the Tesco drops.

Tesco are also phasing out there old , TESCO trailers and they will be replaced with the one above.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

It seems the man behind the Green and Red trucks has passed away, may he rest in peace

Magnate behind Eddie Stobart hauliers dies, aged 56

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mayo23

mayotom wrote: »
    Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed a large increase in the number of trucks on the road(N5) owned by Eddie Stobart group, I was wondering where they are going, have they got some big contract somewhere?

Eddie Stobart does deliveries for Tesco to the west of Ireland. Their trucks come over from the UK every day with supplies for their stores, then return empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Stobert picking up a lot of business around Ireland - hard to compete against them, I'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

mayo23 wrote: »
    Eddie Stobart does deliveries for Tesco to the west of Ireland. Their trucks come over from the UK every day with supplies for their stores, then return empty.

They don't. They're based in Ireland and some (mainly the newer ones) are the old Tesco trailers rebranded. They operate out of the distribution centres around Dublin and driven by the same driver as when Tesco ran their own distribution.

Don't know where you got the idea that trucks come over from the UK everyday to directly stock stores in the west, makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

ThisRegard wrote: »

Don't know where you got the idea that trucks come over from the UK everyday to directly stock stores in the west, makes no sense at all.

Exactly, thats a crazy idea, nearly all the Stobart trucks you see over here are Irish reg anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

they have a base in donabate,which is near swords for people that dont know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement