Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customers to see 3.1% hike in bills

Options
  • 10-02-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0210/eircom-business.html

Eircom has announced price increases which will see customers' bills rising by an average of 3.1% from next month.

Eircom has announced price increases which will see customers' bills rising by an average of 3.1% from next month.

Eircom says its call set up fee will increase from 5.95 cent to 9.50 cent from March 11. The company says the rise will apply to all base rates as well as some consumer and business.

It added that all base rate and out of bundle calls will now be billed to the nearest full cent.

Eircom also announced today that its daytime hours will change from 8am to 6pm to 7am to 7pm, except for existing customers who are already on an off-peak call plan.

It said that its broadband, line rental and bundle subscriptions are not affected by today's price rises.

Eircom also announced price increases for its directory enquiries service. The cost of a one minute call to the 11811 service will increase from €1.68 to €1.99 from Friday April 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

How coincidental . Got a cold call from them this week enquiring if I wanted to review my current bundle with them, but if I changed I would be contracted for a year!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Only Eircom could describe an increase from 5.95 cent to 9.50 as 3.1%... in reality more like a 60% increase.

I guess it is this "special" way of portraying figures they have that over the years enabled them to say there is no broadband issue in Ireland. :(

I can only hope our minister responsible, who allowed us to descend to a third world standard of communications, will be the shown the appropriate response in the level of support he receives in the coming election.

Advertisement