Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where for lunch around the Ilac centre?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm meeting someone close to the Ilac centre tomorrow and wondering if anyone knows anywhere that does a carvery, a good steak, or just good food close by.

Where would you go?

I don't want to spend a lot, but I'd rather not have fast food either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You could go to the Epicurean food hall on Liffey Street. They do all kinds of food so there's something for everyone's tastes. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

The Kingfisher Cafe is lovely - thats just across the road from the Ilac - on Parnell St I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

In Cahoots on Parnell Street does lovely sandwiches and paninis (probably do other things too). Right next down to the Kingsfisher as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The Church,down the bottom of Henry Street does decent food also.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Govindas vegetarian restaurant on Middle Abbey Street. Run by the Harry Krishna but really good cheap food. Nice atmosphere too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

I second the church at the end of Henry st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Kingfisher does really lovely yummy food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Le Bon Crubeen is always nice, haven't been there for a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

con1982 wrote: »
    Govindas vegetarian restaurant on Middle Abbey Street. Run by the Harry Krishna but really good cheap food. Nice atmosphere too.

Wouldnt rate the steaks though :confused:

+1 for the Epicurean. It's impossible not to find something you like there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Dunno, the Epciurean has gone downhill in recent years. There's what, three buffets now?
    Still the new Spanish place is gorgeous and La Corte and Taco Taco are still solid.

Anyway, +1 for the Church, or the Lotts pub is pretty good too, on the lotts off of Liffey St.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I have used some of the chinese restaurants near borders n kingfisher, they are very good n reasonable ...mandarin was my fav.

Oh! Dunno how I forgot.

The Winding Stair, beside the Ha'Penny Bridge, northside of the river. Bloody amazing food. They do a two or three course special menu that's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Madina's on mary street is pretty good, reasonable prices as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

temply wrote: »
    The Kingfisher Cafe is lovely - thats just across the road from the Ilac - on Parnell St I think

ill second this. the kingfisher is amazing. go for the grill - a big fry up with liver, chipper chips, a can of coke and a jelly and ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Epicurean has deteriorated a lot of late,went in for the first time in ages the other day as I'd been working on Henry Street for a change - walked straight through and ended up in the Bagel Factory outside it ;)

Ann's Bakery on Mary Street has a resteraunt section at the back which I haven't tried, but their takeaway stuff is fairly decent so I presume the sit-down meals have a similar standard. Worth a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Nevore wrote: »
    Oh! Dunno how I forgot.

The Winding Stair, beside the Ha'Penny Bridge, northside of the river. Bloody amazing food. They do a two or three course special menu that's worth a look.

I'll second this - Gorgeous spot, have had some lovely meals in there. Only thing is that they seem to have a huge passion for all things beetroot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I (second? Third? Fourth?) The Epichurian food hall! So tasty. Taco Taco is my favourite! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

sdonn wrote: »
    Epicurean has deteriorated a lot of late,went in for the first time in ages the other day as I'd been working on Henry Street for a change - walked straight through and ended up in the Bagel Factory outside it ;)

Ann's Bakery on Mary Street has a resteraunt section at the back which I haven't tried, but their takeaway stuff is fairly decent so I presume the sit-down meals have a similar standard. Worth a go!
    +1 for the Epicurean deteriorating best avoided imo.
    Anne's Bakery is great for sandwiches/filled rolls soup and yummy yummy cakes, however the dinners can be hit and miss.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

What about Slattery's or Wolfes Bistro on Capel St?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Back in the day when people were spending money the Epicurean was really good. Now the only thing that has lasted is Taco Taco which is nice. Apart from that it's all you can eat buffets and a kebab joint. Such a shame, it was a great place back when Dublin wasn't the depressing sh*thole it's becoming now :(.

Dunno, the new Spanish place is good, in the Abbey St side and La Corte is still solid for a panino and coffee.

I think their big mistake was allowing all the signage. It used to be pretty subtle, now it looks like the Costa del Ingles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    Madina's on mary street is pretty good, reasonable prices as well.

+1, love that place! Delicious, flavoursome, quality food.

Advertisement