Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a stag weekend in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Triptych

Thanks for the advice lads.
    We are already booked in so need to make the most of the advice anyone can give me.

So how did you get on in Riga? There's a few of us looking to head away for a stag and flights to Riga are pretty low. So I was just wondering if there is any truth in the horror stories you read online.

any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

No horror stories to report. Was actually very good.
    Obviously anyone who is a dope is going to get made a fool of pretty easily but it doesn't take Riga for that.
    We were invited to a rake of strip bars but just took the card off them all and carried on about our business, some of them were eager beavers to get us with them so you just tell them forget about it. Doesn't happen a lot though, we got maybe 2 or 3 invites a night, depending how much you are walking around.
    If you want that, then jockey club is your place. Expensive but safe as houses, security are sound, girls dead on and easy to have a laugh with. 40LVL a dance though which is about €65e.
    Regards bars, you have to go to skyline, cracking place with some beautiful people, only 2LVL to get in but about 3.50LVL a drink for pints and 5LVL for cocktails etc.
    Donegans and Moloneys for irish faces and cheap enough pints, good craic too.
    Kiwi Bar for something different, music, bands, karaoke etc.
    For food, you have to go to Lido, there are a few of them around. They are like the national kitchen.
    They brew lots of beers and all beers are between 1.10 - 1.40 a pint which is for nothing.

Old town is the night life but take the free riga tour and you will walk to new town too.
    Old town is small too, would be hard to get lost.

You'll have a good time, just have common sense and cop on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnyee

I planned my mate's stag party. After reading many forums, I chose Prague. It seemed the safest city.

I used this company to help with the party:
    http://www.hotstagparty.com
    http://www.hotnighttours.com

I just called them up and they helped me plan everything. I think the company is American owned which was for me the deciding factor.

We ended up doing two wild nights. Beer was cheap; girls were beautiful. It was worth every Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

johnyee wrote: »
    I planned my mate's stag party. After reading many forums, I chose Prague. It seemed the safest city.

I used this company to help with the party:
    http://www.hotstagparty.com
    http://www.hotnighttours.com

I just called them up and they helped me plan everything. I think the company is American owned which was for me the deciding factor.

We ended up doing two wild nights. Beer was cheap; girls were beautiful. It was worth every Euro.

I'd hazard a guess the OPs wedding has gone ahead at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Essen in Germany.

I'm only joking. Don't come here, it's full of old people.

Head to Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Pyongyang is buzzing

Not in Europe though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Sopot.

Gorgeous little city just off Gdansk in North Poland. The place has everything you need - nightlife, top class birds, excellent go-karting centre, water park, strip-clubs, abundance of accommodation. Everything is cheap as chips and after Euro 2012, the Irish are apparently revered over there! Consensus from everyone there over the summer was that it'd make an excellent stag location

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hamburg. That is all!

Don't be believing that Copenhagen is cheap either! It is expensive as fook! It is awesome though!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Hey guys, not sure the rules for posting here on an old thread .

Anyway I'm going to Hamburg for my stag this summer , other than the repperbahn is there an area in Hamburg with normal bars / clubs ?

A work colleague is back from Hamburg last weekend and he says the repperbahn is a rough seedy kip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Germany, great brothels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hey guys, not sure the rules for posting here on an old thread .

Anyway I'm going to Hamburg for my stag this summer , other than the repperbahn is there an area in Hamburg with normal bars / clubs ?

A work colleague is back from Hamburg last weekend and he says the repperbahn is a rough seedy kip

North of the Reeperbahn around Sternschanze is a much more chilled out area with normal bars and restaurants. A bit hipstery maybe but a welcome break from the Reeperbahn for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

nice one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Schanze and Altona/Ottensen are more laid back with some nice bars

Reeperbahn is fine if you are not on the main strip, some nice bars on the streets parallel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Any European city would do the job for you, the World Cup will be on too so there's plenty of reason to get into a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

This thread is old. Prague is no longer cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Evolution999

Barcelona, always good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just to follow on for great places to head on a stag, we went to Brussels for a mates last year. Wasn't expecting much, but it was brilliant craic!! Cheap beers, everything within walking distance, beautiful city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Cheaper and way nicer to Prague is Olomouc in the Czech Republic, University City so plenty going on all the time

olomouc-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

End of May in Cordoba, Spain, has the Feria. It's a mix of bars and amusements. It's on from roughly the 20th for ten days. It's a non-stop party, from early afternoon to six in the morning. Really cheap and nice weather too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Prague actually has strippers in Limos that can pick you up from the airport. Club sauna was savage but I dont think its there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Why do blokes expect their mates to fork out for stags in Europe. What happened to a weekend in Ireland or a night in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

seachto7 wrote: »
    Why do blokes expect their mates to fork out for stags in Europe. What happened to a weekend in Ireland or a night in the pub?

Weekend in Ireland can be just as expensive. Been in Prague for two stags and they were excellent. Budapest is cheaper anyway if people want something different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They don't. Most of my friends are married at this stage. All of them had stags abroad, from London to Ibiza. I went on the ones I could afford, I didn't go on the ones I couldn't afford. I wasn't shunned by the friends who's stags I couldn't afford to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

You mean something you can do any weekend of the year?

Yeah instead of going to your local with your mates like you do most weekends, go to your local with your mates except have them all dressed in matching t-shirts while you wear a dress. Jammin'

Ya full-on mad bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

jamesbere wrote: »
    Weekend in Ireland can be just as expensive.

Ah no. Not really. Especially as people can more easily opt to just do part of the trip in Ireland. There are often unforeseen costs in travelling abroad that you don't have in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

What happened to... a night in the pub?

Stop watching English soaps

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Daveno

Planning a stag do for friend - was thinking of Ibiza, but heard it's very expensive compared to Prague or Budapest ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Note:

Zombie Thread Closed.