Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Carrigaline, Cork

• 10-02-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's,
    Quick question is UPC Broadband available in Carrigaline? There website is awful for seeing if you are eligible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

I tried out a couple of random addresses in the Carrigaline area with their service checker... unfortunately they only appear to be offering digital television at the moment.

I'd say your best bet would be to ring them if the service checker doesn't return a match on your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VanGo27

Does anyone have an update on this. I telephoned UPC some time ago and was told it was near Douglas/Carrs Hill then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 10 VanGo27

Thanks Colm. However, it is fiberoptic broadband that I am anxious to get. If enough people were interested it might encourage them to speed up delivery. VG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VanGo27 wrote: »
    Thanks Colm. However, it is fiberoptic broadband that I am anxious to get. If enough people were interested it might encourage them to speed up delivery. VG

Show me somewhere that isn't interested in having higher speeds for less money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

I contacted them a few months ago as well. I was told that they don't have a definite time but to keep checking the website to find out. Reading between the lines, I understand that as "we haven't a notion when we're going to Carrigaline" and considering the recession etc that we have going on at the moment, I can't see UPC investing large sums of money laying fibre all over Carrigaline for an uncertain return on investment.

Advertisement