Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d700 AC power adapter request (EH-5a AC Adapter)

• 10-02-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Just wondering would anyone who owns an EH-5a AC Adapter be willing to let me use it for a few minutes to test a D700 on AC power.
    Basically normally on dead cameras its a blown fuse and usually something else that caused the fault but after checking all 3 main fuses inside the camera they appear to be fine so it would be a great help to see how the camera handles AC power rather than the battery.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Anyone? I literally need it for a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Have a MB D10 if you want to try that!

Thanks very much for the offer, Im pretty sure the MB D10 wont suit what I need to try with the D700 I have but it is definitely worth a shot.

Basically have a dead D700, no response to insertion of battery which would run through a certain circuit but the AC adapter bypasses it and if the camera switched on it would give me a better idea of what else is faulty in it. MB D10 would be interesting to try however just to rule out the battery compartment connections.

Cheers

Well I live in Howth and work out in Ballycoolin if yu want to meet up and give it a go

My D700 got zapped about a year ago luckily it was covered under warranty and nikon uk replaced the main board

Thanks very much, Ill get back to you on that. I live in Greystones so I can hop on the Dart up to howth to meet.

Yeah this one had a faulty DC/DC PCB and PD PCB (power distribution board) that I replaced but its still dead which is very odd as The D300's had a similar problem that was always one of those two at fault (and generally is for all power problems).
    What happened to your D700, did it fail randomly or through something obvious and what were the symptoms? (ie did it have any indicator on top LCD etc..)

• Advertisement

One day when I connected up the battery pack (its a Photix not an original MB D10) I got a burning smell. I immediatly turned off the camera but it would not turn back on. I suspect I may have touched the wrong pins to the wrong terminal but cant be sure.

Lucky nikon repaired it for free. God bless there 2 year warranty

Advertisement