Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Internet radio stations

Options
  • 10-02-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend any good jazz shows on internet radio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Not sure about jazz radio - if you're looking for podcasts I hear the Tranecast is excellent. Interviews with McCoy Tyner and all the other amazing musicians Coltrane played with in the 50s/60s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

KPLU Jazz 24 88.5 is one I listen to

If you sign up to trumix.com you can access a load of stations, or the "TuneIn Radio" app for iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Jazz FM - out of the UK.

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

You could also try WWOZ 90.7 - Jazz and Heritage station out of New Orleans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭polobradaigh

Try this one - it displays the recently played items.

http://www.1.fm/Station/ajazz/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RobY

I've been listening to this one for a few years. I listen via a Roberts internet radio but I found a direct link:

http://www.internet-radio-guide.net/en/jazz-online-radio/9/255921/storyville-standard-jazz

Fantastic mix of jazz. No presenters, no breaks, no ads.

I also listen to it on my iPod via the Reciva radio app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

I've been listening on a Tevion internet radio for a couple of years. The range of stations is amazing, plus I like the facility to listen back to previous programmes I might have missed. I usually have the laptop logged on to Adorejazz to check the details of particular tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

If you're not using a standalone unit, I'd highly recommend the RadioSure! software player. There are already 625 pre-loaded stations with the keyword "jazz" in their descriptions -- you can see the list here. Personally, I like NRK from Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mvt

Jazz88 from Newark,New Jersey,in the U.S. is pretty good too.

Advertisement