Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moneybookers.com as payment gateway

Options
  • 10-02-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hello,
    How good is moneybookers.com as a payment gateway for eCommerce web site? compared to paypal/sage/realex . They accept laser cards. any experience please share
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Hello,
    How good is moneybookers.com as a payment gateway for eCommerce web site? compared to paypal/sage/realex . They accept laser cards. any experience please share
    Thanks

Looks like Laser cards are on their way out... there's only one bank left using them, see this article from today's Indo http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/laser-admits-trouble-ahead-as-ebs-latest-lender-to-ditch-card-2533458.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Freemancon

We looked into Money Bookers... I can't remember now...but i think we had issues with the fact that you could not send money to a moneybooker account unless you had an account with them. Thus, any of your clients that might want to use it would have to signup just to send a once-off payment. Paypal doesn't have this same restriction. I am pretty sure this was the reason that we didn't go through with the full merchant account. But things may have changed ...we were looking into it 6 or more months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 team eGlobe

Thanks very much for your reply.

I think now a days no need to have account with moneybookers for buyers to pay online. work same as paypal.

Advertisement