Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepultura to cover "Firestarter"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Savage, Soulfly who?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Might be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Does this really deserve its own thread? There was a thread on Sepultura floating around less than a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

thought initially its one for the road but if its from that studio vid, n if they covered something like that U2 track on an album i wouldn't put it past em. thinking about it, Andreas' style could probably replicate the sounds therein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I was on the way to post that vid, but not because of the Firestarter thingy, more because the two songs he's playin in the vid sound fookin nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I had this idea in September 2008 and now they've stolen it. Damn you Sepultura!!! and Muse for stealing my idea for a cowboy western sci fi rock song! Damn you!!! Damn you all to Hell!!!! or Heaven if they like Hell,being a metal band. Except for Muse. In which case bless you to Heaven!!!

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Does this really deserve its own thread?

Now you're just being racist;)

Couldn't be any worse than this bucket of cum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I prefer this one (more mellow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ouch. That is not easy to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

F**k that was painful. Never liked Kiss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

cant be worse then this TaTu cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crVO1J-5VqE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Thats dictionary definition cringe. He did everything he could to lameify the song, getting rid of the sharp bend at the end of the riff, doing stupid syncopated singing and the video was hellishly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

jaysus ,i didnt think sepultura could get any worse thern they are now .
    but there ye have it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

cant be worse then this TaTu cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crVO1J-5VqE
    Did anyone else open that video expecting it to be Tatu doing a cover of Firestarter? Either way any video starring leather-clad ladies gets a thumbs up from me. I did have to watch it with the sound down to stop your man's vocals from hurting my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In fairness, half the reason all the covers have been ****e is because the source material is pretty ****e too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the prodigy but I don't like that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

In fairness, half the reason all the covers have been ****e is because the source material is pretty ****e too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the prodigy but I don't like that song.

Yes, I always wondered what the big deal was. Dont like the song either, much prefered 'breathe'

Edit: Apologies, I just listened to it on youtube there, turns out I dont prefer it, its equally sh1t. Kieth is a t1t, Liam should have really ditched the those hangers-on. Always out numbered was class, the new album is pretty average though.

Live stream of Sepultura recording the new album.

http://tv.trama.uol.com.br/capa2

Recoring Firestarter at the minute..

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

For any interested in their new album, here is a live video of one of the new songs. Quality is okay. Song starts about 36 seconds in, and the video cuts off a little before the end of the song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Just listening to tracks from the new album there, This sounds great....

but the firestarter cover is ..........awful,,,

I'm going to see Cavalera Conspiracy in the next few weeks (whether they want to be or not they have become the new Sepultura) and I seen Sepultura last year, and felt, there was something lacking. I do like that new material though.

I was a bit disappointed because you had this great band, and some great material, but it felt like the band had sort of fallen apart over the years.

On the night it was a great show - having said that, compared to the 30 mins Soulfly got at Sonisphere last year, Soulfly actually (for me) completely sucked. I look forward to seeing the next piece of this Cavalera jigsaw and I'm hoping for good things.

I interviewed this guy last year actually, at the same festival, and found him insufferable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I can't stop asking 'Why!?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

For me Sepultura are still putting out material better than Max, the last time I saw Soulfly I thought they were muck, there last few albums have just gone by me, I've listened to them on release but not after, and I've not been too interested by the Cavalera Conspiracy stuff either......

anyway, the new Seps album sounds ok, I actually really like the Ministry cover on it Just One Fix.......at this point I don't know if they originals will ever get back together and release a proper Seps album, neither camp in my opinion has released anything of the caliber of old Seps material......

Advertisement