Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozzarella

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Any one know where i could source grated Mozzarella for Pizzas cheaper than off the self supermarket prices?
    Thanks.
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

here2surf wrote: »
    Any one know where i could source grated Mozzarella for Pizzas cheaper than off the self supermarket prices?
    Thanks.
    H.

if you are buying in bulk then check out http://www.delimeats.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Try Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Got some in Aldi today. Significantly cheaper than what I was buying so far. Interested to see how it bakes. Tasted cold was not too starchy.
    Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

here2surf wrote: »
    Got some in Aldi today. Significantly cheaper than what I was buying so far. Interested to see how it bakes. Tasted cold was not too starchy.
    Thanks for replies.

Tesco have hard shredded mozzarella in a green bag for 2.30 and the bag is a 250 gram bag..

It's amazing. I'm making a lasagne and bought a few bags of the stuff. It's got a lovely taste cooked and cold, nice and creamy.
    Also pleasantly stringy!

I bought a block of hard mozzarella in a deli and it costed me the guts of a fiver and it wasn't as nice tasting as the one I get in Tesco's.

I'd suggest that if your Aldi cheese fails :)

(Hard mozzarella for me is the one you can shred, regular mozzarella makes me think of buffalo mozzarella. Just if the "hard" part leads to some confusion. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Dermo wrote: »
    if you are buying in bulk then check out http://www.delimeats.ie/

I sent Delimeats an email requesting prices for Mozzarella and various other products. They didnt reply so i resent and still havent heard back from them.
    Seems a bit strange in these times.
    Thanks for the info all the same.
    Any other suitable wholesales you know of?

• Advertisement
Advertisement