Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

As part of my degree, I have to go on co-op in semester 2 of year 2. Just wondering for people who did it before, did you enjoy it? Was it worthwhile? I'm hoping I can get somewhere local, don't fancy going into some place far away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm on my Co-op now in Dublin for BBS until the end of August/Early September.
    Really enjoying it. It's great to get a chance to practice what you're learning (as hard as it is to get a job relevant to your course).

It's definitely worthwhile.

What course are you doing? I'm guessing you're in first year? Start looking for work pretty much now. The Co-op office, while they try their best with the limited resources they have (finding jobs for thousands of students is no easy task)you really are better off trying to find a job yourself.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Yeah i am, i'm doing hpss. Really, yeah i'll try find something myself, hoping to get into a local primary or secondary school if possible. I know people who let the university get them places and they were sent up and down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

I know a friend of mine who is doing his co-op in a local secondary school, hoping to secure a placement in a school myself.

Advertisement