Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem running DVDflick

• 10-02-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Having installed dvdflick to convert MPG files to AVI or other more common formats I received an on-screen notice that mpgtx.exe had stopped working. The dvdflick program continued to encode 7 files I had isolated. The procedure took 45 minutes and I had a CDR+ in the drive. The conversion seemed to finish, but there was nothing on the new disc. A new folder was created called DVD which contained VOB, IFO, and BUP files. The VOB were in the region of 0.5mb, the others were 12 kb. What should I do about the aforementioned mpgtx.exe file? Are the new files of any use to me? It's Not Easy Being Green!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

DVDflick doesnt convert to AVI. It creates video DVDs.

mpgtx.exe is one of the apps it uses to create DVDs. It has crashed on you. If it continues to crash every time you use the app then there is a problem or incompatibility with it. Use something different than DVDflick.

The files you have are useless, its crashed so it hasnt finished doing whatever it was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd recommend creating an ISO with DVDFlick, rather than writing straight to disc, if you have the hard disk space. Then checking it with Daemon/Alcohol/PowerISO etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Have a look at "Any Video Converter" free from www.downloads.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Freemake Video Converter is my kind of software, designed for near-idiots. I'm still having problems burning to disk. Thanks for all the advice. . . . . . . . that was yesterday. Finally got a result. Deep Joy. Muchas gracias.

Advertisement