Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire Battery instantly drops once unplugged

• 10-02-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I've been having a problem for a while with my HTC Desire.
    I've noticed that about 20-40% of the times when I unplug my phone from charging that the battery is already depleted some 2-5%.
    I just unplugged my phone which had been charging for 5-7 hours today (was plugged in with 40% left) and the battery with the charger plugged in said 100% and the instant I removed the charger, it dropped to 95%.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I find when this happens, I tend to get a terrible run of the battery and it runs down WAYY quicker if this happens when I unplug it. More than normal, anyway.
    I'm running LeeDroid 2.3b, but I dont think that it has too much of an influence as it has been happening for months, even before I installed this ROM.
    Can anyone confirm that it happens to them too? Maybe see after a full charge/overnight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Try this, supposed to work wonders, haven't done it myself yet as I've never bothered.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755903

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Thanks for those two links lads. Reading through the phandroid article now. Interesting read so far. Might explain a lot of what I'm experiencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I've been having a problem for a while with my HTC Desire.
    I've noticed that about 20-40% of the times when I unplug my phone from charging that the battery is already depleted some 2-5%.
    I just unplugged my phone which had been charging for 5-7 hours today (was plugged in with 40% left) and the battery with the charger plugged in said 100% and the instant I removed the charger, it dropped to 95%.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I find when this happens, I tend to get a terrible run of the battery and it runs down WAYY quicker if this happens when I unplug it. More than normal, anyway.
    I'm running LeeDroid 2.3b, but I dont think that it has too much of an influence as it has been happening for months, even before I installed this ROM.
    Can anyone confirm that it happens to them too? Maybe see after a full charge/overnight.

take a look at this website... they sell enhanced batteries for all the HTC phones
    http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/htc.html

Advertisement