Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 now. Time running out

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

In a bit of a dilemma. 30 years of age,unemployed over a year now,im a part qualified accountant and no sign of work despite my best efforts so have decided to take the plunge and give oz a try in June after my next set of exams are over

Question though, what is the cut off point for a visa, i know its 30 but when you are granted it,does the time start ticking from date of issue or when you enter the country

Also would like to hear from anyone in finance backgrounds if they have done it and how they have got on etc

Thanks
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

not from a finance background but with regards to the visa you need to apply for it before you reach 31,once issued you have a year to enter the country and then it is activated once you pass through immigration giving you a further year...you wont qualify for a second whv though,hope this helps...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

MikeMacca wrote: »

Question though, what is the cut off point for a visa, i know its 30 but when you are granted it,does the time start ticking from date of issue or when you enter the country

Thanks
    Mike

If you go for a skilled migration visa, age limit is 45. So it's not all bad news.

I believe limit for a WHV is 31. But I stand to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Yeah its 31, go now, give it a lash. No regrets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yet again I'll close a lazy visa question - all your visa questions are answered in this forum or *shock* on www.immi.gov.au

"Also would like to hear from anyone in finance backgrounds if they have done it"
    Done what? come over? Get a WHV? Get sponsorship - you haven't asked a question here

So PLEASE read the FAQ

EDIT - I have opened this back to allow the OP a better chance of asking more specific questions

Advertisement