Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The gods shone on me this afternoon

• 10-02-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Went looking through my parents shed for some cables and cames across this bounty.

I knew I had it but thought that I'd only ever find either the console, or the games...but not both :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nicee! Shocking that something that lovely was out in a shed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Wow, lovely machine.... Did you play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'm begining to hate this forum, what with all you peoples cool stuff and me stuck with only several consoles and hundreds of games to play....not fair:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

It was out in the shed with the rest of my stuff I had cleared out of my old house. Keeping my Jamma Cabinet, Weights, old PC's, books and various other bits and bobs company :)

Yeah, checked it out, and it worked for a few seconds, before the batteries I had in it died I mean.

Needs one of those CR batteries too though, for the memory. So won't turn it on again till I get that anyway.

I don't think I'll ever find the light part of the Worm Light (to be honest it's no loss cos it never actually worked in the 1st place), I've only got the bit that attaches to the battery compartment of the NGPC, but I will need to find/buy the ac adaptor for it, so I can play the NGPC without using batteries.

I have to say that the lack of a backlight is the only downside to this handheld. If it actually came with one I wonder if they'd (SNK) still be making versions of them today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

WTF is that? You mentioned SNK and NGPC so I'm guessing a neo-geo pocket colour?

If so, never even saw one before! Well done on finding it. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

NeoGeo Pocket Color, a fantastic machine, miles ahead of the concurrent Gameboy Colour, games were great too.
    I've got one and I still give The Last Blade and Pacman a bash.
    Imagine a parallel world where the NGPC got to have an advanced version instead of the Gameboy?
    Hmm....
    That'd be an interesting hack, an NGPC in a GBASP case....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That'd be an interesting hack, an NGPC in a GBASP case....

Where is this holy grail you speak of??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Keep meaning to pick up more NGP games. Got MS 2nd Mission recently which is one fine game, considerable improvement over the first in many ways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pdbhp wrote: »
    Where is this holy grail you speak of??

No holy grail, just wondering who would be hero enough to attempt such a thing, that said maybe the things are just too different, the GBASP, presumably, has little room in that casing for a NGPC innards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

If you google 'neo geo pocket front light mod' you can see what could've been! The guys who backlight gameboys and frontlight GBC's have already had their way with it. Uses the frontlight from a dismantled GBA...presuming it's the exact same procedure as the GBC mod that is. Would love to have my NGPC and GBC frontlit! Just have to kidnap EnterNow...

• Advertisement

Just read on Wikipedia (so don't know how true it is) that supposedly there's only ever been 85 games released for the NGPC .... I've 14 ... do I dare try and get my mits on the other 71 seeing as a lot of the games are cheap as chips on ebay??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Go for it!

It hadn't got a huge sales rate..so no doubt there'll be a few games that are super rare and will cost you an absolute fortune...but you can figure them out when you get the rest first ;)

I see what you mean ... the majority of the time you're actually forking out big time for p&p though which is a pain in the hole. End up paying €35 for a game that costs €3 if you were mad enough! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Holy **** you have Faselei! you know that game is very rare. the Yanks never got it so go mad for it since it's really good and it got recalled as well after a few weeks on sale!

Advertisement