Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot Dead In Blarney

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

A man has been shot dead near Blarney in Co Cork.
    The man is thought to be aged in his late 30s or early 40s.
    He was involved in an altercation at Waterloo near Blarney at around 3.45pm.
    It is understood that the man was driving his van when he was speaking with an occupant of a car.
    A shot was discharged.
    The man then attempted to escape from the van but was shot twice as he tried to do so.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0210/blarney.html

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Folks, please refrain from speculating on this thread. Unless details are officially released, please don't post them below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Just down the road from me, I've been told the name of the victim but as I'm not allowed speculate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Jesus thats sad,if things were not bad enough today..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,556 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek: Very bad day all round in Cork today - RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Gardaí investigating the murder of a man in Co Cork yesterday are searching a graveyard for the gun used in the shooting.

Patrick ‘Pakie’ Hogan, who is from Rathpeacon outside Cork City, was shot dead on the Glen Road near Waterloo yesterday.

His body was found in a field while the red transporter van he was travelling in was found at the new cemetery at Garrycloyne outside Blarney.

Sniffer dogs are being used to search the cemetery for the rifle.

Three men are being questioned at Gurranebraher and Mayfield garda stations about the shooting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement