Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A small bit of confusion??

• 10-02-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys,

Hey im having a bit of confusion in geting my head around a proxy server. I was just wondering if someone could explain it a bit please .

I do know that its basically a gateway to the internet and i believe i go through eircoms proxy(as i am with eircom)and i believe that somewhere along the line my request to a site on the internet is filtered(where is it filtered?) and basically that if i go to a site that is prohibited(or whatever) and it will send a request back saying "web page unavailable" but i am not sure??.At the moment we are learning this at college but im gtin jumbled up a bit.

Cheers guys
    Hope you can answer this better than i can as this is important for college.

Advertisement