Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question For Three Mifi Owners Who use xbox live

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

So after ages ringing 3 support it was made clear to me that i will never be able to open my nat with my E122. The support guy suggested i get the Three Mifi which he reckons can use either dmz or port forwarding (either way i would be happy).

So my question is to people who own both the Three Mifi and use Xbox live though it.... after configuring it all, can you achieve an open NAT using Three Mifi? I have no problems in buying it if so, i just don't want to waste money if it isn't going to work.

I am also really close to the Three mast in my area so i get 5mbs Download speed and a ping of 40>70.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

thought that read 3 milfs was get ing excited there for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I have it for xbox in dublin and you wont get a nat open. There wifi routers dont allow configuration and when i rand three they told me they didnt care as long as it worked in some form. It works good enough some times though so maybe it will be ok for you near the mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zackonmac

Really?

I saw some screenshots of the configuration panel online and saw options for DMZ and port forwarding...

Why bother including them if they aren't able to be used?

To answer my own question ...

I purchased a Three mifi and a 12 month contract.

After putting the xbox in the dmz & enabling upnp xbox live works with open nat.

Hope that helps other people who are thinking of buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

zackonmac wrote: »
    To answer my own question ...

I purchased a Three mifi and a 12 month contract.

After putting the xbox in the dmz & enabling upnp xbox live works with open nat.

Hope that helps other people who are thinking of buying one.

Cool I was thinking about doing this, how does it run on the XBox?

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    Cool I was thinking about doing this, how does it run on the XBox?

Really good for me, but I am really close to the mast. So your milage may vary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I use the Huawei B260A wireless router and have open nat. Although to be honest I don't really find any differecne between moderate nat and open nat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

sorry for the stupid question...but..

how do you connect to these mifi things? is it only with wifi?

neacy69 wrote: »

Yeah

Nevermind....I answered my own question:

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/MiFi

"Our mobile Wi-Fi dongle works with anything Wi-Fi enabled"

• Advertisement

Nevermind....I answered my own question:

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/MiFi

"Our mobile Wi-Fi dongle works with anything Wi-Fi enabled"

You can get a wireless router that you slot the sim into. Has one ethernet port which I use for xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

siblers wrote: »
    I use the Huawei B260A wireless router and have open nat. Although to be honest I don't really find any differecne between moderate nat and open nat.

Any idea what sort of ping rate your getting with it?
    sick of being ripped off by eircom....

and does anyone know how to find out where the masts are located?
    looked on http://www.siteviewer.ie but dont see one near me...

cheers

robk24 wrote: »
    Any idea what sort of ping rate your getting with it?
    sick of being ripped off by eircom....

and does anyone know how to find out where the masts are located?
    looked on http://www.siteviewer.ie but dont see one near me...

cheers

Varies on the weather but in general not really any worse than when I had eircom. About 70 or so would be the average but if it's fairly windy it can go well over a 100. Apart from 1 v 1 on xbox live for Fifa 11 (for some odd reason) xbox live plays the exact same as when I had eircom.

You can get a wireless router that you slot the sim into. Has one ethernet port which I use for xbox.

Where did you pick that up? any links?

Where did you pick that up? any links?

I got mine when I signed up to 3. Think they had it on offer of like 50 euros or something like that. But there are other ones you can get which are probably cheaper but do the exact same thing. If you go into the midband forum and ask in there they can probably help you out.

http://three.ie/products_services/broadband/router.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ghostman088

How did you getyour B260A to have an open NAT type!?!? I have been teying forever! Can you tell me where to go and which ports i need to forward to get it open. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I used the Huawei b260a with 3 and got an open NAT aok.. i just opened all the ports had a fixed IP for the xbox and put it in the DMZ.. think i even left the firewall on with the exception of the IP

Not sure about the MiFi devices though :S The Huawei router does essentially the same thing

If you were to get a 3g router and put your 3 sim in there it would work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ghostman088

-=al=- wrote: »
    I used the Huawei b260a with 3 and got an open NAT aok.. i just opened all the ports had a fixed IP for the xbox and put it in the DMZ.. think i even left the firewall on with the exception of the IP

Not sure about the MiFi devices though :S The Huawei router does essentially the same thing

If you were to get a 3g router and put your 3 sim in there it would work

Where is Port forwarding in the b260a?? And what are the lan and wan ports??? Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

how do you get your nat type to open on the huawei b260a router

On the router homepage (192.168.1.1)

Go to security > virtual server and add the tcp and udp ports...

21011475455.png

There's the settings on my router that should make the NAT open... alternatively put the xbox's IP in the DMZ

You have to give the xbox a static ip for this to work

21011532254.jpg

Something like that will do on your xbox... If you're using the router default, select any IP from 192.168.1.100 > 192.168.199 and keep the other default settings the same as above really

"Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)"

• Advertisement

what are the udp and the tcp ports will you send me a image with everythin filled in coz i dont know what to put in to alll the boxes what do you put in for common ports im doing it for ps3 so it is basically de same what is the common port

There ya are

21023171697.png

You don't need them all just the ones in the post above from the microsoft site, but there all the ones I've been using for years and it's been fine

The LAN IP address would most likely be different on yours depending on what IP you assigned the xbox/ps too

Thanks I got nat type open ya know de way it works better wired connection I used it last nite and it was gud wireless when u use it and some1 else is on de pc does it lag

my nat is gone strict again on blops2 still type 2 opened ports but no gud.

Advertisement