Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport/Castlebar music

Options
  • 10-02-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm heading to the Westport/Castlebar area this weekend. Just wondering if there is any good live music happeing and what bars are good, not looking for a nightclub, just apub or venue with good music. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Dr. Hook are playing in the TF in Castlebar on Saturday night! I'm going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dannny1

Wow, that was not an answer I was expecting! Certainly an option! Do you know which other bars are good for live music?

Thanks again!

dannny1 wrote: »
    Wow, that was not an answer I was expecting! Certainly an option! Do you know which other bars are good for live music?

Thanks again!

I have no idea otherwise. The only time I ever go to Castlebar is to the TF for a concert. Tickets for the gig are just €30! There is an after party as well. A good crowd stays around the hotel after the gig.
    When I saw Status Quo playing there, they had a savage guitar player playing bluesy folk before the gig in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dannny1

Well thanks for the info. I'll get the lay of the land while I'm down there and who knows, I might end up in the crowd with you at Dr. Hook!

Thanks again!

My pleasure. I hope you enjoy your weekend and give us an update here if you go to the gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

theres a great band in the welcome inn on sat nite called "what da funk". well worth checking out and more fun than dr hook id say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Always music in westport, peak in the back of the mayo news for all the pub ads. Always good music in geraghtys, clock tavern and stuff.

Advertisement