Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on how many hours for x points and bussines Q

• 10-02-2011 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

There is propably a lot of threads of that kind , well .
    i was just wondering how many hours a day should i study from , lets say today till leaving to get 400-450 points ?

and am the other question that i have is as fallows :P

How much (in%) should i have covered business H to get at last C3 , i hate business i have no other option but to minimalise my hours on that one . or just what topics to study to get there .

THX A 1,000,000 ,000,000,000,0000000 ! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

Well, I have 11 free classes a week and I study in all of them (they're 40 mins long), I do two hours of after school study on monday, tuesday and thursday followed by an hour or two more, I do at least 4 or 5 on wednesday, on friday I do piss all, on saturday and sunday I study all day, but I take more breaks, so I'm not sure how long it is altogether. Keep in mind that I'm fluent in Irish and German and I have about 50% guaranteed in music, so that's 200% out of 300% from those three subjects that I can leave out.
    I'm aiming for 450 at least.

I do Business and I'm aiming for a high mark and I can tell you that Law of contract hasn't come up for a while, so I'd study that if I were you. Also, although it can come up in the short questions, you can avoid doing the last two units.
    People in Business is a must, as is managing and management
    Enterprise is only a chapter long so try that
    That should get you through the exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Areq wrote: »
    well .
    i was just wondering how many hours a day should i study from , lets say today till leaving to get 400-450 points ?
    :

OP It's impossible tell you how much you need to study to get X amount of points because i don't no what your aptitude/motivation etc is
    Well, I have 11 free classes a week and I study in all of them (they're 40 mins long),

How do you have 11 free classes a week?that's great for getting study done during school. Are you repeating and doing subjects outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's all about quality, not quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Make sure you are studying correctly, sitting there does not count. If you're not sure maybe some of your teachers could give you guidelines, keep in mind some of them are smarter than you think (and some probably arent!) I found out this week one of my teachers was in my cousins class in medicine, and left. So I turn to her for guidance a fair bit. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

[QUOTE=
    How do you have 11 free classes a week?that's great for getting study done during school. Are you repeating and doing subjects outside?[/QUOTE]

The only language my school offers is French and because my first language is German, I decided to drop French to get extra studying done, that's 5 right there. And I only picked three optional subjects instead of four, so Physics/Home Ec is another 5 classes. Plus PE isn't compulsory, you're allowed go study instead; that's 1 class.

It's great, but some of my teachers are useless and every Thursday I have three free classes in a day as well as two idiots attempting to teach in three other classes, then school feels pointless and I prefer to stay at home and study because I get more work done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement