Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭squishness

CUS101 wrote: »
    Geography:
    For the Regional Geog, Primary Activites in a non-Irish European region have never been asked. I'm doing The Mezz in Italy but only have agriculture as a primary activity which means I'm ****ed if they ask for more than one!
    Anyone good enough to throw up 6 SRPs on another primary activity of the Mezz? Please?

Thanks

We were just told write down "agriculture and intensive farming" and just never specify after that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Anyone that could give me a bit of a digout on what topics I should go about studying for Human Geography? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Geography:
    For the Regional Geog, Primary Activites in a non-Irish European region have never been asked. I'm doing The Mezz in Italy but only have agriculture as a primary activity which means I'm ****ed if they ask for more than one!
    Anyone good enough to throw up 6 SRPs on another primary activity of the Mezz? Please?

Thanks

Fishing
    • Mediterranean has high levels of pollution and salinity.
    • This limits the variety of fish available.
    • The seas also contain low levels of oxygen and plankton growth is slow.
    • Dominant fishing ports are Salerno and Nicastro.
    • Peninsula has a large continental shelf and posseses a large amont of anchovies, tuna and sardines.
    • Weather is seldom severe so fishing can take place all year round.
    • Coastline posseses many natural harbours, particularly on the west-coast.
    • Decline in stocks and E.U quotas have hindered the fishing trade in the Mezzogiorno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CUS101

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Fishing
    • Mediterranean has high levels of pollution and salinity.
    • This limits the variety of fish available.
    • The seas also contain low levels of oxygen and plankton growth is slow.
    • Dominant fishing ports are Salerno and Nicastro.
    • Peninsula has a large continental shelf and posseses a large amont of anchovies, tuna and sardines.
    • Weather is seldom severe so fishing can take place all year round.
    • Coastline posseses many natural harbours, particularly on the west-coast.
    • Decline in stocks and E.U quotas have hindered the fishing trade in the Mezzogiorno.

cheers, was much needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jj123

For history I'm not so sure about the treaty, a lot of people seem to be saying it's a likely one but I noticed it didn't come up in 06 or 07, came up in 08 and 09 and didn't come up in 10...obviouly this doesn't mean a lot because it's so hard to predict..but if this is a pattern then there's a chance it will skip this year aswell! Just a thought! Our teacher did emphasise the rise of Sinn Féin and the 1918 election!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 davidj374

HL Geography- anybody have any tips for Growth of an Urban Area in India? Please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

anyone have any ideas which will come up between cultural context,theme and issue and general vision and view point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd say Cultural Context and Theme/Issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noony

Any predictions for Aiste in leaving cert Irish?
    I've prepared the economy / IMF, poverty, drugs, crime
    but nothing on young people, politicians etc.. will that do? I hate writing essays:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Well I know some people will disagree with me in saying this but the Irish aiste doesn't really need to match the title exactly. Only 20/100 marks go for content. Just make sure your grammar is alright and then just fit whatever you've learnt to suit the title.

It's a perfectly valid technique so long as you aren't aiming for a high B or A in Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

anyone have any ideas which will come up between cultural context,theme and issue and general vision and view point?

I am thinking cultural context and general vision. This is my reasoning

2010 gvv and lg
    2009 theme and cc
    2008 theme and lg
    2007 gvv and cc
    2006 theme and cc
    2005 gvv and lg
    2004 theme and lg
    2003 cc and gvv
    2002 theme and lg
    2001 theme and lg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What we thinking for:

Maths HL
    English HL: Frost/Wordsworth/Dickinson (hoping)
    Business HL: Breakeven Chart/Data protection act etc etc
    Economics HL: Oligopolies
    History HL: Ireland: Rise of sinn fein/ estabalishing a democracy/ compare CnG and FF. America: Detente/MBB. Europe: Britain in the inter-war period / Characteristics of Nazi state/fascism
    Accounting HL: Company/Tab/Published/Incomplete

Anybody got any suggestions for these subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noony

But I dont have brilliant Irish. I haven't studied Irish in years and it doesn't come natural to me :( Im reliant on memorizing word for word everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

2010 gvv and lg
    2009 theme and cc
    2008 theme and lg
    2007 gvv and cc
    2006 theme and cc
    2005 gvv and lg
    2004 theme and lg
    2003 cc and gvv
    2002 theme and lg
    2001 theme and lg

Theme comes up every second year at least.
    The comparative texts change every year so it's hard to predict.
    I just really hope theme comes up!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sroseb

cheers, was much needed!

You could still talk about the agricultural sector if you include the development of it.
    Expropriation, Irrigation, New crops, Land Reclamation, New Social Infrastructure, New transport Infrastructure. Maybe you didn't learn that part..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Is Kavanagh likely this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Id wager that one of Kavanagh or Yeats wil appear, despite both coming up last year. I would've swayed more towards Yeats though. All educated guesswork though! Wish I could say I really knew.

2010 gvv and lg
    2009 theme and cc
    2008 theme and lg
    2007 gvv and cc
    2006 theme and cc
    2005 gvv and lg
    2004 theme and lg
    2003 cc and gvv
    2002 theme and lg
    2001 theme and lg

Ooooooh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Is Kavanagh likely this year?

He was on last year but could come up again.

Ok here are my choices to study:

Boland
    Frost
    Yeats p.response
    Kavanagh p.response

Was sick when we covered Wordsworth(she covered him in may) and we didnt cover Dickinson....

Should I be ok?:confused: So worried!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _BANKSY_

Geography Geoecology

I have learned the Tropical Rainforest biome and human interactions with the tropical rainforest Biome very well. I have not learned soils.

However, is it possible for all three questions on the geoecology option to be asked on soils?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Judging by the trend of the past exam papers, they tend to put questions on both biomes/soils.. it is possible but the chances are slim, unless they're sneaky this year :O

• Registered Users Posts: 33 WhoSays

Any tips on ordinary Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

This is what I'm doing for English:

Boland
    Wordsworth
    Yeats
    Kavanagh
    Skim over Rich

Hamlet: Soliloques, themes of revenge/appearance vs reality, comparisons of Hamlet/Claudius, Hamlet/Laertes/Horatio

Cultural Context
    Theme and issue

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

I am just doing
    Boland and
    Dickinson :)
    and skimming over Frost !

Im hoping for and A.. like they might be bitchy and not put up some of the predictables like last year.. but they'd never not put up the three most predicted poets !! :)

Lets hope not anyway !!:)

im all for taking chances.!. makes succeeding all the better !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Is Cultural Context highly tipped for this year?

What's everybody studying for the comparative? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

_BANKSY_ wrote: »
    Geography Geoecology

I have learned the Tropical Rainforest biome and human interactions with the tropical rainforest Biome very well. I have not learned soils.

However, is it possible for all three questions on the geoecology option to be asked on soils?

They've never done it before... doesn't mean to say they wouldn't though. I'm expecting at least two biome questions this year though. Last year there were two soils and as far as I remember the year before as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

I think Cultural Context too because General vision has never come up 2 years in a row and also cultural context isn't on for next year. So if they didn't ask it this year there would be at least a 4 year gap until they could ask it again and that never happened (so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Re: predictions: I would definetly look at Óiche Nollaig na mBan: The dept. love Seán Ó Riordáin and it is a poem that could come up every year, asked in loads of different ways. so much scope and not been up since 2008. An t-Oiléan is a nice safe one too, easy to quickly revise as an option. And An Mhathair, is a nice one too. Watch out for tréithe na Fiannaíochta throughout, íomhánna, agus codarsnacht.

Lig sin i gCathú will more than likely feature look out for characters and themes, does martin protray the likely student etc.

Cearrbhach: if its to come up, would be in section A more than likely. The character of An Chearrbhach or codarsnacht between him and Bás and Dia

An Bhean óg: nice and easy. Universal theme of lonliness etc..

Jack/Gealt/Bimse Buan. Possibly having to answer Bimse buan or Jack.

Stair: make sure you do Ruraíocht AND Fiannaíocht! don't take the risk and look at Gaeltachtaí/ Gaeilge sna Meáin Chum/ Ogham+Gluaiseanna/ Gae. Mar theanga Cheilteach and Aisling pol (seeming Uirchill prob wont appear)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nicenri

liverpool lad: Thank you a million times over. Our teacher was too lazy to do much stair with us so I had no idea where to start! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement