Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HowsTheBacon

Anyone done any past paper analysis on Biology HL? Respiration did not come up at all last year so it will be a good one to study! The experiments are also easy enough to predict...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

hi i'm not sure if any one will be online tonight?
    i was wondering does any one know any definate essays i will be safe with learning in human processes geo??
    any tips would be a great help thanks

Nothing is safe with human geography. Everything's only come up once or twice. Migration has come up in every single way except "migration in Europe" so I'm learning that. Study migration well anyway.
    Land-use models (Burgress etc)
    Opportunities and problems in a city
    Urban growth and impact on the city
    Population distribution and density
    Overpopulation
    OS Maps and historical settlement
    Changing function of a town over time

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Im studying Frost, Boland && Dickenson. Hope that will be enough :/

I need help, BAD. On comparative :( ,. Im doin Dancing @ Lughanasa, Il Postino and ies of Silence ? ? ?

Anyone that can help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Hey! I dunno if anyone will be online tonight but still asking.

I have done Boland, Dickinson and Wordsworth and am planning to look over Frost tonight. Are the first three safe enough, or shoud I do Frost in detail too?

Also, what should I be looking over for Hamlet revision?

Dreading tomorrow's paper. :( Only prepared for the comparative. Hope CC comes up, though I have Theme essay ready as well.

Any help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Hey! I dunno if anyone will be online tonight but still asking.

I have done Boland, Dickinson and Wordsworth and am planning to look over Frost tonight. Are the first three safe enough, or shoud I do Frost in detail too?

Also, what should I be looking over for Hamlet revision?

Dreading tomorrow's paper. :( Only prepared for the comparative. Hope CC comes up, though I have Theme essay ready as well.

Any help please?

None on their own is "safe". the only way to be safe is to cover five poets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PaulSul

OK so I know Dickinson and Wordsworth Perfectly and my C.C question and i know a hamlet question on the complexity of Hamlet , is that enough?? Or should i learn a claud essay aswell? Really nedd help with the Hamlet question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

@Gumbi:- Ya I know that but I find Hokins and Frost extremely difficult and just can't do them! :P So was wondering. I get you though. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Anyone know any Good websites I could maybe get some good sample essays for Frost, Boland Or Dickenson ? :) Would be grateful =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Any predictions for English P2 OL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pinkeymonkey

hi polka dot thanks a mill i was getting lost in all the geo sheets
    it sends me in the right direction any way:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 pinkeymonkey

PaulSul wrote: »
    OK so I know Dickinson and Wordsworth Perfectly and my C.C question and i know a hamlet question on the complexity of Hamlet , is that enough?? Or should i learn a claud essay aswell? Really nedd help with the Hamlet question!!

hi im the same for eng too. For hamlet and i've been askin ppl what their teachers say i've heard a question on hamlet relating to a 21st centurary audience ,a question on gertrude, claudius and a question on hamlets soliliquays. hope there is something there that can help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BronaghMcA

Anyone done any past paper analysis on Biology HL? Respiration did not come up at all last year so it will be a good one to study! The experiments are also easy enough to predict...

my teacher always predicts and she said ear and heart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

PaulSul wrote: »
    hi im the same for eng too. For hamlet and i've been askin ppl what their teachers say i've heard a question on hamlet relating to a 21st centurary audience ,a question on gertrude, claudius and a question on hamlets soliliquays. hope there is something there that can help!

From reading around, people think Claudius has a high hope of showing up!
    So i suggest you even do mind maps of every character that has some decent roll!

marko93 wrote: »
    From reading around, people think Claudius has a high hope of showing up!
    So i suggest you even do mind maps of every character that has some decent roll!
    Thanks sounds like a good idea i guess! Just so much to cover for english !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Phyxzeus

anyone got any DCG or physics predics both HL thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

anyone believe the proposal to abolish Irish as a compulsory language might come up for essay in HL ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

I am studying Theme and Issue and Vision and Viewpoint. It's worth 70marks so it is well worth the study.
    For poetry I am studying Frost Hopkins Boland and Kavanagh.
    Hamlet make sure to know his sililoquays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nadbags

and also, know how to spell soliloquy!

Phyxzeus wrote: »

I second that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shan007

anyone any ideas on wuthering heights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MellissaO

Does anyone know how they mark the geography field study? Do they just add on what you got in the field study to what you get in the written paper or is there some other way they do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

shan007 wrote: »
    anyone any ideas on wuthering heights?

Just looked through my exam papers, they seem to always ask questions about "opposites" like love v hate, passion v reason. Heathcliff comes up a lot too, but they might throw in Cathy for variety. Haven't a clue other than that tbh, hoping for something about the supernatural or heathcliff myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shan007

snicket wrote: »
    Just looked through my exam papers, they seem to always ask questions about "opposites" like love v hate, passion v reason. Heathcliff comes up a lot too, but they might throw in Cathy for variety. Haven't a clue other than that tbh, hoping for something about the supernatural or heathcliff myself :)

Yes I would actually love if Heathcliff or Catherine came up... even something on love or revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I dont want to go starting a new thread but want to ask a question. If Frost appeared on the paper what kind of question could they ask? The only one I have studied are that his poems may be pre occupied with nature but the have underlying questions and issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Vodkat wrote: »
    I dont want to go starting a new thread but want to ask a question. If Frost appeared on the paper what kind of question could they ask? The only one I have studied are that his poems may be pre occupied with nature but the have underlying questions and issues.
    His two main themes are sadness and nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Phyxzeus wrote: »

DCG thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243176&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CdeP

Seems to be a lot of talk about soliloquies on here.

What sort of question(s) could they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

If i learn boland frost and worthworth do you think i would be ok like ?i dont have essays on anything else

CdeP wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of talk about soliloquies on here.

What sort of question(s) could they ask?

How the soliloquys are a keyhole into his thoughts? or true character?

• Advertisement

Hannahx wrote: »
    If i learn boland frost and worthworth do you think i would be ok like ?i dont have essays on anything else

TBH no one can really say for sure that you will be okay with only those as no of us have seen the paper, although we can predict who will show up we are not definite! Its a bit late to be learning others and it may just get you confused but it may put your mind at ease to do out some key points on another poet just incase!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement