Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Prophets - PREDICTIONS 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babiiboo

might be totally off the point here but the name boland was in paper 1 if anyone else noticed? and the theme of mystery in paper 1 and the fact hamlet as a tragic hero in the mocks is giving me ideas about the mystery in hamlets mind or something to do with the mystery of his madness or something??

anyone else have any ideas whats gonna come up for comparison??

anything in geography, irish hl, physics hl, technology, spanish would be helpful too please.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

babiiboo wrote: »
    might be totally off the point here but the name boland was in paper 1 if anyone else noticed? and the theme of mystery in paper 1 and the fact hamlet as a tragic hero in the mocks is giving me ideas about the mystery in hamlets mind or something to do with the mystery of his madness or something??

anyone else have any ideas whats gonna come up for comparison??

anything in geography, irish hl, physics hl, technology, spanish would be helpful too please.:confused::confused:

Do the themes in paper 1 ususally relate to certain question in paper 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babiiboo

Iceboy wrote: »

no idea just a desperate grab in the dark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Iceboy wrote: »

Very unlikely i would say. As jim nuigent explained on countdown to 806 on 2fm tonight, the theme barely related to PAPER ONE today never mind paper 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

I've just studied DICKINSON and BOLAND and CULTURAL CONTEXT in relation to poetry and the comparative.

What are the chances in your opinion?
    (2/3 female poets, as Rich appeared last year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Sm4shbox wrote: »
    I've just studied DICKINSON and BOLAND and CULTURAL CONTEXT in relation to poetry and the comparative.

The chances that either of them will come up is, mathematically, 1 in 4 I believe. There is a 1 in 3 chance that CC won't come up. You're running big risks there, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

Sm4shbox wrote: »

Quite the risk, comparative has 2 different questions so if you do theme or issue (a fav to come up) you'll get atleast 1 question and even is viewpoint comes up you can still answer one
    Would pick another poet like Frost or Wordsworth too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

If the question for Frost that came up was his underlying issues i would be so so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Easyexams

MikeHough wrote: »
    Very unlikely i would say. As jim nuigent explained on countdown to 806 on 2fm tonight, the theme barely related to PAPER ONE today never mind paper 2!

What time is he on at? Caught him the other morning but didn get a time

Business paper here are my predictions

Q1-relationships
    Fair and unfair dismissal
    Something to do with labour relations comission

Q2-economic variables
    How a government crests a suitable climate for a business
    Sole trader vs private limited company

Q3-no idea

Q4-management skills and activities
    Styles of leadership
    Motivational theories
    (business letter or report could come up with the middle section being benifits of ICT/factors that effect communication/barriers to effective communication)

Q5-ratios/CFF
    Taxation
    Insurance
    Hr manager

Q6-break even chart
    Ideas for new products (internal/external)
    Pricing policies/marketing mix all the mixes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

C__ wrote: »
    If the question for Frost that came up was his underlying issues i would be so so happy.
    What may those be briefly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Id jizz if ratios and breakeven chart came up on the same paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

Cydoniac wrote: »
    What may those be briefly?

Human Concerns and Artistic Concerns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Gumbi wrote: »
    The chances that either of them will come up is, mathematically, 1 in 4 I believe. There is a 1 in 3 chance that CC won't come up. You're running big risks there, mate.

You cant use probability like that, you have to take into account previous patterns, last years questions, etc. Maths doesnt allow for the human factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

C__ wrote: »
    Human Concerns and Artistic Concerns

Im hoping for that question too.
    I would write about death, isolation and the lack of a caring god.
    In ''mending wall'' ''the tuft of flowers'' ''out,out'' and ''design''

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shelly818

Any one have any predictions and tips for tomorrow????

HELP!!!!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kimcca

They were so nice to us today cant believe they gave us boland and dickinson cultural context and theme or issue what ****ing legends:D xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

BOLAND - FROST!

The amount of cheers and cursing in my exam was .....an emotional momento :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

any predictions for hl geo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

kimcca wrote: »
    They were so nice to us today cant believe they gave us boland and dickinson cultural context and theme or issue what ****ing legends:D xxx
    Easier paper means tougher marking schemes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moirak88

Any Predictions for the Maths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 JamrockRover

lmwell wrote: »
    HL IRISH AISTE

I'm studying mainly recession/economy-type essays

keywords I think will be important in the aiste title:

Difhostaiocht (unemployment)
    Polaiteoiri (politicians)
    Saint (greed)
    An toghchain (the election)
    Abharachas (materialism)
    Cumhacht (power)
    Drochstad na tire (bad state of country)
    Todhchai (future)

I'm going to have a good idea on Alcol, fadhbanna soisialta, etc. but I'm sort of banking on economy.

Me too! Economy and money all the way :D:p:) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CUS101

Physical Geog lads and lassies? Need a hand, let's us know your top 3 essays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eveyn

ok so i have a good chance of failing biology anybody have any ideas of what could come up... i know that genetics and ecology are dead certs but what else has a good chance of coming up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

HL history predictions badly needed! pleassssssssssse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PaddyP056

martyllia wrote: »
    HL history predictions badly needed! pleassssssssssse

Ireland: Cumann na Ngaedheal or Fianna Fail always comes up EVERY YEAR, one or the other or a comparison
    Id learn the treaty negotiations aswel

America: Montgomery Bus Boycott along with the impact Martin Luther King had on it
    America Foreign Policy comes up nearly every year. Id look at Vietnam in particular, and detente is yet to come up so thats definately worth a look

Europe: Hitlers Foreign Policy has never come up before and thats highly likely to come up. Jarrow March might come up aswel but thats a horrible essay to learn. If you learn all of stalin and lenin you should have another question as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PaddyP056

Did anyone else find that the most horrible maths exam ever, questions were far too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Just wondering if you got an essay after on the economy? If you have could you please send it to me by any chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

hi imwell.is there any chance you could email me your essay on the economy?if not where do you think is the best place to attain one.i cant seem to find one online at all.
    Just wondering if you got an essay after on the economy? If you have could you please send it to me by any chance?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 x.Ais.x

PaddyP056 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that the most horrible maths exam ever, questions were far too hard

YES.
    It was mank, there was at least one mistake on it - the parametric equation they asked for in terms of x should have been asked for in terms of t. And that area of a disc thing hasn't been asked since about 1999 - and even then they gave another clue!
    It's all to make project maths look better >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Does anyone have any predictions for Irish? I'm desperate at anything Paper 2 related.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement